New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOP on a double rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Should LOP on a non-scoped double rifle be approximately the same as on your bolt rifles? Or perhaps closer to your shotgun dimensions?

Sorry, haven’t had much use of double rifles, and the one time I did go hunting with one I didn’t have a tape measure with me Big Grin

cheers,
- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a 13 1/2" pull on bolt guns but find a 14 1/2" on double rifles and shotguns to be better fitting.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Mine are the same in both cases. I can't see a reason for a difference. Length of pull is from the trigger in both cases. My shotgun stocks are also the same. Anything longer than normal feels awkward to me.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
LOP on my doubles is an inch longer than on my rifles. This applies to shotguns too.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stock length for a double rifle should be the same as for a bolt rifle, but they won't measure the same because they aren't measured from the same place. It depends on trigger placement. LOP for doubles with two triggers is measured from the front trigger, while single trigger guns are measured from the only one they've got. Given stocks of the same length, the LOP of the double will usually be about an inch longer than the bolt rifle.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Then why is the standard trigger pull length for semi-auto and pump shotguns also 14 1/2"?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote