THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Just ordered my Searcy PH 450/400
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just ordered my Searcy PH 450/400
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wanted to tell someone about placing my order today for a Searcy 450/400 PH model. Now all I have to do is wait.... Ugh

I would welcome any suggestions regarding low power scopes for such a rifle.

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulation!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
STGS:

Congrats on placing the order for the Searcy! I got mine in August after waiting 16 months for it (because of the extensive engraving I ordered).

NE450No2 is probably the guy to answer the scope question for you, but he is killing elephants in Africa right now. I'm sure he will chime in upon his return.

When you get your toy, make sure you try to make it to a DRSS hunt.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
577NE/Rusty,

Not to hijack my own thread, but where can I find out more about the DRSS? Thanks

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
STGS:

Here is a link to a thread discussing DRSS membership. I apologize, but someone got sand in his vagina in that thread and took a dump in it. But anyway, some good info here:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/138100755

Here are links to some of our hunts/get togethers:

Our next hunt in January 2007

Our last hunt in August 2006

Our Hunt in April 2005

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glad to have you amongst our Band of Brothers, STGS! Welcome, to the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations STGS and welcome aboard!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the order. thumb
I too have a 450/400 on order from Butch.
I will be having a Schmidt & Bender 1.1-4 scope mounted but would think a 1.1-5 Leopold V3 would be good also.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
STGS,
Welcome aboard, You are now a member of the DRSS

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
STGS,
congratulations and welcome!!! i am a new member myself. i took delivery of my own PH 450/400 on oct 2. the wait was just under a year. for the first time in my 46 year old life the rifle more than meets my expectations in every way. you will love yours i'm sure.

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1.1-5 Leopold V3

STGS

I use a 1.1-5 Leopold V3 on my Searcy PH 450/400. I sent it to Butch before the rifle was finished and he regulated the rifle for both open sights and the scope. It shoots great! You will be pleased when you get your rifle.

Mike Chamberlain

DRSS Member

Posts: 96 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing better than ordering a nice new double rifle is when it is in your hands after it finally arrives! Congradulations on your new double.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
STGS
Congratulations on your new double.

The 450/400 is a great calibre.

You should definately come to the Dallas Safari Show and to the DRSS hunt if possible.

I am just today back from Zim.
I will post my, and my wifes trip experience starting tomorrow...

However I do have something to say about a scoped 450/400, as we both used one on this trip.
I highly recommend it.
As to a scope, I have a Schmidt & Bender 1.1-4, with the illuminated Flash Dot reticle.

It is perfect, in every way.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote