THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    florida double rifle shooters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

florida double rifle shooters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted
we need to organize a double rifle shoot ,i have 5 now and a little friendly competition would be fun followed by a little good food and a small amount of libation and a fine cigar it would make a fine day.any takers

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm just outside of Florida in Brunswick, GA (forty miles to the border and an hour from Jacksonville). Count me in.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure! I have access to a range near St. Augustine that allows guests. JudgeG has been there. BTW this wouldn't be the "coming out" party for the new V-C in 600NE would it?!!!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
i suspect it might,i shoot the 470,450 400.and 9.3x74R also,i know tarawa might join in he has a nice collection i will contact him also.but St Augustine sounds like a good location.THIS IS A GOOD START

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I missed the recent double rifle shoot at Mike Stewart's place in Chattanooga. Looks like fun.

I live near Tallahassee and I do know the way to St. Augustine, which is one of my favorite places in Florida. Would enjoy the shooting and cigars.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I'm in!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughter lives in tallahasse, if its close I
am in. Thomasville Ga area would be nice. You would draw from ga ala and fla and one nut from la. Tallahassee has a nice gun club.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwananelson,
Lets make sure it during a time when I am not at the power plant for an outage. I also am fond of St. Augustine. Maybe the range can be rented for the day.
Also we have to make the targets big for my old eyes!

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A double gun hog hunt would be nice also!!!

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I forgot to mention, the range allows double rifles but does not allow ejectors!!!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
St. Augustine is a bit far for me but maybe I could make it if a double newbie would be welcome. I would be in for a hog hunt too.

"DRSS"

Posts: 74 | Location: FL | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Consider hogs in the morning and targets in the afternoon. Make a week end out of it.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm about an hour and change from St. Augustine....I can bring up a couple of Searcy doubles...450 and 375 Flanged. Need to load some up, but I have a few boxes of Hornady 450 factory stuff....doesn't regulate as good as Butch's recipe, but close.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote