THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    I got the .577NE V-C double!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the .577NE V-C double!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
So have you shot it?

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, not yet. Didn't get it home until last evening, working on it.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey that is what i have and love it. Shot a hippo and several buff with it. you will love it.I have not reloaded for mine yet just shot kynoch which are woodleighs and the performed great.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Reviving this thread as I was looking for pictures of this rifle that Aaron owned last year. I've had it purchased now for a while. Ken emailed today to advise that the new leather recoil pad has been installed and he received it back from the gun smith who did the work.

It ships to me on Monday, 13 Aug. I'm all loaded up with ammo, Non-Cons and BBW#13s, and ready to go to the range. It should arrive by Thursday or Friday which gives me 8 weeks prior to Zim. Looking forward to getting proficient, albiet with a little trepidation as well.

Thanks Ken for making a great deal on the gun!!

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Todd:

Did Aaron ever get to shoot it. I think he only got it last September.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

Very nice DR!! The leather recoil pad will be a really nice touch.
Looking forward to your findings.

NN

Posts: 54 | Location: Canada | Registered: 30 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Todd:

Did Aaron ever get to shoot it. I think he only got it last September.

Yes Dave,

He took it to Africa and it is featured on his latest "Global Hunter" DVD. He turned that buffalo charge at close range where his PH had fired and backed into the tree. Hit it in the head and shoulder. Didn't stop it but turned it. He also took an elephant with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, no fears on the 577. Pull it in tight, weight on the front foot, and let 'er rip. You'll be surprised at how nice they are to shoot...better than many smaller calibers.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams: He also took an elephant with it.

Todd, didn't Aaron leave it behind in camp and have to use a bolt trash gun?

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL!!!. beer

You're going to be surprised at its recoil - for the lack of theatrics.

Excited for you jumping

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Todd, no fears on the 577. Pull it in tight, weight on the front foot, and let 'er rip. You'll be surprised at how nice they are to shoot...better than many smaller calibers.

Biebs, for the record, have you ever owned one long enough to shoot it? Honestly, no barbs intended. Just an honest question. Smiler

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Doc, do you carry your .600 yourself of have a tracker do it and take it over when needed?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Doc, do you carry your .600 yourself of have a tracker do it and take it over when needed?

Dave neither I nor my 73 year old dad have anyone ever carry our rifles. He did use a sling though while carrying his 585AHR as we tracked Cape buffalo in Zimbabwe.

Honestly, I just don't see the big deal of carrying a 13lb rifle all day while tracking. I've done so all day, every day while on safari. Maybe it's because I just don't know any better.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams: He also took an elephant with it.

Todd, didn't Aaron leave it behind in camp and have to use a bolt trash gun?

Yeah, he did on that really big ele he took later in the hunt with Nixon. He shot a smaller one with this rifle earlier on the same trip, IIRC.

He can set us straight on it when he gets back from Tanz!

I'm excited about it. My only concern right now is that I still have 3 very swollen and sore fingers. The right pinky that was operated on is very stiff and I'm having to work pretty hard on getting flexibility back into it. The last joint near the tip is nearly fixed right now. Only getting about 20 degrees deflection.

We'll see how it goes. Concerned about the soreness more than anything. But I still have a couple months to go.