New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice (Pics posted)...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not mean to hijack this thread Cal. If he does not have an FFL, then he needs to get one. If he is transporting modern firearms that do not belong to him across state line, and with the intent to sell, then he is violating a few federal laws that will get him extra vacation time at the Hotel Graybar.

I won't be going in there anytime soon.

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:
Here are two of Jim's photos. Can any of you believe this rifle was sold as "test fired only"?
It is not my business to divulge the seller but to do this makes him a skunk. And, he is known to all of us.
Cal

I would be pissed. Look how they cropped this photo on GunsInternational to not show the tang chip. What a joke. This should not cost you one penny to sort this out.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
I don't recall seeing that pic - I didn't go back and look at the ad - I have faith that it was an oversight.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I find it extremely hard to believe you could take that pic and not see that chip.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Well… I shipped it back to him this morning - Waiting for him to reply to my emails. No response, as of yet. He did say he was unavailable for Christmas (obviously, understandable).

I just went back and took a close look at the pics in the ad.

I'll wait to hear what he's going to do.

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
I too found the listing and saw the precisely cropped photos.

This is a bad guy.

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for a reply - He said he would be back in his shop yesterday. +1 day

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Well… It looks like my little saga is coming to end.

The seller and I have come to agreement on this issue. He agreed to send me a project gun and additional money to compensate me for my trades. All in all I feel as though I am coming out on the right side of this deal.

Do I think he was in the wrong; Yes. Do I think he did the right thing to amicably resolve the issue; Yes! Do I think all of this could have been avoided; Yes. Do I think this seller is reputable; Yes.

I'll watch for the gun to be re-listed with an accurate description - I have no doubt this was an oversight.

I very much appreciate all of your input and support.

Cheers!

JDA

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Not sure if he's a bad guy or not, but his guns are always hideously overpriced. Glad it worked out for your.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
Not sure if he's a bad guy or not, but his guns are always hideously overpriced. Glad it worked out for your.

Brett
How does he sell anything in your opinion, if his pricing is so "off"?

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I would imagine he either sells for less than the advertised price or he waits for clients who don't care what the price tag is. The man has some amazing guns for sure. I'm not knocking him at all. I'm just saying his prices aren't what I'd call reasonable. Kind of like you don't shop at Galazans if you're looking for a bargain. It is what it is.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
I get you now. wave

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote