THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Verney-Carron DSC Booth 2804
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Verney-Carron DSC Booth 2804
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Some really good offerings this year Ken! They just keep getting better and better. And IMO, the absolute best bang for the buck, so to speak, in currently manufactured double rifles today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look really nice from the photos. Looking forward to seeing them at Vegas!

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Loved those (little?) .375 Flanged Magnum round-action doubles. Legal everywhere (unlike the 9.3x74's, I think?)... and a joy to hold. As I get older, lighter seems better, and what a gift for my daughter, some day.

I'm still a fan of .40 or more for elephants, but on a buffalo hunt (and with EAW mounts and a light scope)... It just may be the ticket.

BTW, did I get measured for one? Big Grin
Oh, well... I guess you can't have too many doubles. Let me sell something... (with a handle).

And, the caliber seems to be getting more popular. MidwayUSA has 10 different loaded cartridges for it!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7710 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Some really good offerings this year Ken! They just keep getting better and better. And IMO, the absolute best bang for the buck, so to speak, in currently manufactured double rifles today.

After visting all the booths this year again, without a doubt the best bang for the buck...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

After visting all the booths this year again, without a doubt the best bang for the buck...

Jorge, the nice thing about the VCs is that they will make whatever you want. While other makers are set in a few particular models, some being the same but with varying degrees of standardized engraving, and others being different "sized" frames, the VC line is completely custom in terms of design. Carved fences on a round body, Boss style fore-end and action, English Style, Damascus Frame, round body, bolstered in standard or mustache with carved fences, any combination you can think of, they seem to be willing to make it. Not to mention that the prices on things like intercepting sears, full engraving, CCH, bolted safety, ejectors, leather recoil pads, all seem to be in line with actual costs instead of padding the profit margin ($250 vs $4,000 for ejectors?)!!! Eeker

I've got a few ideas to exercise myself as we all know, unfortunately, double rifles are addictive and only one or two simply won't do! With that said, I'm not looking anywhere other than VC at the moment ... at least as far as current production guns are concerned. I must admit however, I've been bitten by the vintage bug as well lately. diggin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bugs are dangerous... at least for the wallet .. Wink

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are worse bugs than the vintage DB bug...says one that carries the disease.. hilbily

Boy...those old double rifles is sooo addictive..

That said, the beauty with V-C is, as Todd says, that they are completely custom to affordable prices..

I really look forward to shoot The Norwegians V-C when it arrives... Wink

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Todd: I've had the vintage bug for a long time. I have to keep telling myself rifle or hunt! In any event my next rifle will be another VC and this time in 375 Flanged!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Todd: I've had the vintage bug for a long time. I have to keep telling myself rifle or hunt! In any event my next rifle will be another VC and this time in 375 Flanged!

I have to say that the svelte VC in 375 Flanged is a pleasure all around. beer

Get it with built-in swing off mounts and you're set tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
A question I have that I have not been able to find the answer for is, I see 375 RVC, 375 Flanged and 375 H&H Magnum Flanged being discussed on different threads. Is this one in the same cartridge or each a different one.

Thanks

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All different. The 375RVC is more powerful than the H&H belted case similar in power to the 375 Weatherby (think 2800FPS with a 300 grain bullet). The 375 Flanged Mag is a little less powerful than the 375 belted case. The org short 375 flanged is not suitable for dangerous game, more in the 38-55 class (no one is making a modern gun for this case).

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote