THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Verney-Carron DSC Booth 2804
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Verney-Carron DSC Booth 2804
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Verney-Carron has been assigned booth space at DSC in a slightly different area than past years. Stop by and say hello at 2804.

I will also have a few new variations to look at.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the new offerings, hopefully on Saturday if all goes well.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
See you there, mate.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are the "beer cops" gonna be watching you again? You almost got us thrown in the hoosegow last year.....
shockerOh, Hell. That was me and my bad... Big Grin

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, it was your sheer marketing genius to place the Kebco booth in the Men's Room at DSC this year! Hell, everyone will HAVE TO stop in a couple times a day whether they want to or not! :-)

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Have a GREAT, SUCCESSFUL show Ken! Your reputation
being ACES, you deserve every order that you receive.
salute

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Are the "beer cops" gonna be watching you again? You almost got us thrown in the hoosegow last year.....

That was funny.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ken, please bring a 450, on a smaller action than a 500, splinter forend, if you have one.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Won't be able to make the show Ken, but have a great time!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Ken, please bring a 450, on a smaller action than a 500, splinter forend, if you have one.

The guns have already been shipped, I will have at least one 450 but I think it has a semi-beavertail. I can show you a new short splinter but it will be on a 500. I will also have a interesting new 375FM. If you see something you like they can all be built as a 450.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:

Received several emails from DSC regarding alcoholic beverages.....the beer cops will be out in full force & looks like it will be nothing stronger than ice tea past the booth line. Looks like they are making it my responsibility, so bring a brown paper bag.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Ken, it was your sheer marketing genius to place the Kebco booth in the Men's Room at DSC this year! Hell, everyone will HAVE TO stop in a couple times a day whether they want to or not! :-)

Biebs-
I am having a special location for you only, 3rd stall on the right....wash & dry your hands please.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Careful Ken, Biebs has a wide stance shocker Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I am worried

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Shootaway is setting up shop in the last stall on the left. Easy to find. Red light over top of the maple leaf Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ken, will your shop manager (Jerome?) be there again this year?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Jerome will be at both DSC & SCI.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Ken - your rifles this year were spectacular. The English style .500NE and the petite .375 Flanged doubles could have both followed me home!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Pictures of the new "English Style" VC 500NE below. It's a widened roundbody in order to accommodate the wood shape behind the receiver, including teardrops. It has a true splinter fore-end as well as true case colors instead of the cyanide technique. Also, the checkering patterns are more of an English style as well. The grip is a bit more opened as well as a few other goodies that really need to be seen in person to appreciate.

As much as I love my bespoke roundbody VC, this rifle is seriously calling to me. Especially that true splinter! Enjoy the pics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed handling them, especially the round bodies with splinter fore end. I was impressed and think a .450 3 1/4 is in my future. Enjoyed meeting Ken and Jerome. Extremely helpful.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
The VCs were awesome especially that .375 H&H Flanged.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope this is the grip Jerome makes on my 450 NE Smiler

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Now we're talking!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "English Style" 500 is very nice. I am a 404 jeffery fan and they had a 404 Jeff bolt action there that I just don't get. It is made on a CZ 550 and has a very plain grade walnut stock and was priced over $14,000 ??

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
Now we're talking!!!!

Damn right we are! That "English" 500 has the lines one would expect on a WR. I can't quite capture it with my camera, especially the side to side comparison between this rifle and the others, but in person, it hits you right away. That splinter is about 2/3rds the length of the previous fore-arms and tapers nicely both in width as well as in depth.

The flanged 375 is built with the same type of splinter as well and is simply ... stunning!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd

What was the asking price on that .375?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
The 375FL was $20K IIRC. It has a few additional refinements that the 500 doesn't, such as carved fences and additional engraving. It's also set up with Recknagl (sp) pivot scope bases. Very slim and petite. It and the 500 "English" would make a fine matched pair.

Hmmmm..... Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the price on the 500?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

$22K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd. That is a beautiful rifle.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

$22K

Todd if'n I had the cash lying around you could bet your buttocks I'd have those two as my go to hunting combo from now on. Hell that little .375 might well become my "truck" gun for any and everything if it was mine.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
[
That splinter is about 2/3rds the length of the previous fore-arms and tapers nicely both in width as well as in depth.

The flanged 375 is built with the same type of splinter as well and is simply ... stunning!

How long is the for-end? 7 to 8"?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:
[
That splinter is about 2/3rds the length of the previous fore-arms and tapers nicely both in width as well as in depth.

How long is the for-end? 7 to 8"?

Hi Adam,

Sorry but the show is over. I'll have a chance to look at it again in Vegas, unless we can get Ken to measure it and tell us. Absent that, if you'll remind me, I'll try to get that info for you at SCI. I think you'd be very pleased with both guns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that 500NE is a rifle I could be divorced for.....

Calling Matt...... Big Grin

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
It was a pleasure to visit with both Ken & Jerome,the rifles were beautiful,I am glad to see VC doing so well.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adamsdjr:
The "English Style" 500 is very nice. I am a 404 jeffery fan and they had a 404 Jeff bolt action there that I just don't get. It is made on a CZ 550 and has a very plain grade walnut stock and was priced over $14,000 ??

I wish you had expressed your concerns to me at the show. I had that gun put together to show that V-C can also build a bolt rifle using a original action (In this case a BRNO ZG47) it had a Recknagel 3 position safety, & trigger with Webe bottom metal & Lothar Walther barrel. If you look into having a custom rifle made you will find the cost is about the same as many of the custom builders here in the US. The big difference is I can deliver a gun made to your specifications in 8 months not 2 or 3 years.
I thought it had a pretty decent piece of Turkish Walnut, I would not have called it plain.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who stopped by, I have some more ideas for next year & appreciate any feedback.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
VC USA just keeps getting better!

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biebs: VC USA just keeps getting better!
I agree. The rifles are looking much more like classic British rifles. Overall fit & finish seems improved too.

I'm thinking of a lightweight 450 with small rounded frame, moustaches, open grip & short splinter FE (like the 375F). Ken, see you & Jerome in Vegas.

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
Thanks to everyone who stopped by, I have some more ideas for next year & appreciate any feedback.

Ken - that's great. Unfortunately, the success of your "new ideas" appears to be inversely proportional to the amount of funds in my bank account!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote