Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Can you hit a barrel with it Beiber?

sofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure Todd...being a double rifle and all :-) I guess if the barrel was close enough.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
.483 or .488 caliber?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, the 475 straight and the 475 #2 are both .483, with the 475 No 2 Jeffery being .488.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Got the #2 Jeff. Fun to shoot and that long cartridge never fails to impress...especially the ladies? Have you got to shoot yet? How's ammo availability?

Posts: 3462 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 475 straight is the easiest of the 475s to feed. It just requires the popular 450 NE case...run it through the dies and it opens up for the larger bullet. New 475 3 1/2" brass is available, but for practice and load development, Hornady 450 NE brass is 1/3rd the cost. I talked with JJ Perodeau at the DSC and I'm sending the rifle to him first, for cleaning, slugging the bore, inspection, soldering check, etc.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Sound wisdom, let us know when she kicks.

Posts: 3462 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do...might move it out if I find the right 577.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice one Jon. A perfect companion for the 9.3 in Africa.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki, that would indeed make a nice set of doubles for an African hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
BTW, Beautiful Rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks you sir!