Find
Notify
Tools

The next DRSS hunt weekend?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Ok Rusty, Tony, Mark, et al., any plans for another DRSS hunt in the next few months down in Texas????

If there is one, I need time to get my kitchen pass signed from the Sergeant Major.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
wish I had one working, but I don't! My daughter is getting married Saturday the 24th. Needless to say I'm wearing an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet! Eeker

I've been looking for a place that isn't just outrageous in price and has a nice facility for us to stay in. So far, those seem to be nonexistent! ON the surface a few look good, but when you start adding up all the "Extras" they want to charge ya, it begins to look like a 21 day Tanzania hunt! animal

I'm still looking!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate it, Rusty! I loved that weekend and can't wait to do another one!

If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to me!

Paul

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Paul,
If I could arrange it, we'd have one of those weekends every other month! It's great to be among good people like the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lol my lil sister just got married on saterday its that time of year.

i have been waiting for one as well.... im definitly in you guys will have me.....

i have been talkin to tony 450 no2 and a few others on the board and would love to come down.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if you guys want a killer place to hunt hogs

try keith in savanna GA 912-313-7952

he runs a killer outfit. and gives group discounts.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
lol my lil sister just got married on saterday its that time of year.

i have been waiting for one as well.... im definitly in you guys will have me.....

i have been talkin to tony 450 no2 and a few others on the board and would love to come down.

Come on down 700, we have some pritty big trees down here that will test that old 700's power! Be happy to have you! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
I met the guy that runs the North Mill Ranch... it's part of the original YO ranch... now granted I only chatted with him on the way back from Reno, and checked his website.. but he had some pretty decent prices for exotics, and whitetail... around $1500 and didn't seem to nickel and dime you for other stuff.. just a thought

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give us a few weeks warning so we can come from a longer distance - West Va.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1582 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just be sure we plan it after the 15th of July as I am "on the road" now.
I will be "on the road" in Sept to.

If Camp Cooly has any pigsd tghat would be a great place to go as the facility, ie bunk house/kitchen is great.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the last DRSS weekend had nine members attend, I think that those numbers will swell if we have another hunt - it might behoove us to look for a place that can accomodate at least 15 people....

ANyone have any recommendations of places to contact for a hunt after July 15?

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a lot of fun. If I have the time I'd like to attend.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, if they dates work I'd like to go too.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in!!

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote