One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted
opinion please

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nice guns. Very accurate. PM Bill73, he owns one.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Yup I have one and as Mike said,for the price,I am very happy with it,I had mine reamed out to 458 Lott,shoots any bullet weight from 350 grs to 500 grs very accurately,I have only hunted once with it so far,a pig @ 250 yrds offhand iron sights,bullet was a swift A-frame 400 grs.I must add that mine is one of the older models and has two triggers with no airspace between the barrels.
Robgunbuilder also has a gun same as mine and is very happy with it.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I handled Rob's at a Camp Cooley hunt and was impressed. He reamed his to 458 Lott too, if I recall.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I believe I will buy one.

Bill

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i've shot mike's and robs.. rob's is now a lott .. and he can hit two pigs on the run and make it sound like a double tap

tough, light, and fun

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39706 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
I reamed mine to .458 Lott in about 15 minutes. Been offered over $8K for it. Extremely accurate and rare. No extraction issues ever. A MUST BUY if you ever come across one.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I 've made a deal on one. It's what I understand to be the high grade with hand engraved receiver by Rene Ondra and nice wood too.

Thanks again for being here and sharing your knowledge!

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I hope we have not misled you,the gun you are buying I think is the same one listed on Gunbroker,if so it is a different gun than what I own,Myself and Rob have the older version,my gun has two triggers,the barrels are soldered,and a wedge is used for regulation,my comments were about the older model stopper and not this newer version,I have no experience with the newer models.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill

I understood from the beginning that the Stoppers you guys have is an older version. My gun looks like the one GB, but it is not that very rifle. The new version has a MSRP of $7999 and a CZ USA rep told me today that CZ only imports "my" version. I cannot find any earlier model on the web.

I think-though I'm no expert- CZ makes good guns. So, I assume this is a good rifle. While I'd prefer another double besides my Chapuis 9.3, I hope to be satisfied for now with the O-U.

Thanks,