New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valmet/Tikka doubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I can't find any information on these on either Tikka's or Beretta's web site's.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Contact Russell Gould at russ@vh2q.com he is the current importer and has rifles in stock both new and used. He will get right back to you.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here is his web site. Do search on his site for "Finnclassic". That appaers to be the name they are marketing them under now.
Finnclassic

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. He emailed me the catalog. Does anyone here own one? Likes or dislikes?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolf

I got one from Russ last week; A 512 in 12 ga, with the 9.3x74r double rifle barrel set. scope and mount. I am very pleased with the set up so far. I killed a limit of ducks sat am and hunted deer that evening with the 9.3 barrel set. It took only one box of ammo to regulate
the barrels at 90 yards. It is shooting about 1 "" or so. I need to adj the triggers before doing any more shooting. They came set at 7 lbs. Fit and finish on my gun was very good for a hunting rifle. Matte blueing and satin oil finish on the stock. I like the scope mount system. I have not tried the iron sites yet. Russ was great to deal with. I got the 3 barrel case also it is a nice case4 but I am worried it may be a little lite for air travel.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
J D,
I don't know the exact relationship of the Valmet 412 to the Tikka 512 to the now present Finnclassic. Are they the same, just the tooling bought out by the others? Are they a remake by the different factories.
I've had a Valmet 412 for as long as I can remember. Never a problem or an issue with it. The 12 gauge is my go to gun. It goes everywhere I go. It's my upland bird gun. The 9.3x74R barrels shoot well and I have taken various animals with them. If they are in fact the same guns I would buy one in a minute.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
tikka and valmet are like chevy and olds ... "yeah, right, they are different companies"

i WISH the IZH baikal was available in 9,3

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39673 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the lead on the Valmets/Tikka. I have contacted russel and he has answered every email I sent him. I am researching purchasing one as we speak.
A lot of us want a Searcy or a Kreighoff but we are on a beer budget!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Foxfire
The changes are in looks only. The barrels and mounts interchange. The 512's are a much nicer looking rifle. Fit and finish on my rifle look good, I like satin finish on both wood and metal.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Foxfire and JD,
How is the recoil with the 9.3?

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Foxfire and JD,
How is the recoil with the 9.3?

In a Chapius, it is just a "baby's kiss". No big deal.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thnaks HogKiller, But I was referring to the recoil when they shot their Valmets in 9.3.

one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Snowwolf,
The recoil of the 9.3 is fine. Nothing overbearing, this particular gun fits me well and I use it as a shotgun a lot so the 9.3 also fits well and is not a noticeable recoiling shooter.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I know, but should be about the same in the Valmet.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The recoil feels kind of wimpy next to my 375 or 416 rem mag kind of like a 06 . It makes me wonder if it hits has hard as some say. It is a fun gun.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Valmet should kick even less than the Chapuis as it is heavier, although stock design does factor in. I have shot a 12x30-06 Valmet and the stock desigh felt fine to me.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote