Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady 470 NE
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
I noticed on mail order place that Hornady 470 NE brass and bullets were listed with item numbers. Same thing happened last year with the 9.3x74R stuff and it finally came to be. No price or delivery estimate. This could be good news for lots of us that are tired of paying crazy prices for Norma Brass.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
would love cheap .475 bullets

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW that would be GREAT news if were to come true!

I am crossing my fingers!

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
I noticed that, too. Graf's lists .450-400 NE (3") and .450 NE (3.25") as does Hornady's own site; but Hornady doesn't mention the .470 NE or the .450-400 NE (3.25") shown at Graf's.

Posts: 980 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's no 450/400 3.25" on Graf's site. But...
there IS the Hornady 470NE on the Graf's site! TBA of course but they built a product code. This is great. But no, no mention of 470 on Hornady's. The days of Federal bending us over a barrel are numbered, we hope.

Why buy Norma brass when you can (could) buy Jamison for less than half the cost. New Guy posted a sectioned view of a 470(?) case that had been loaded 8-9 times and it was in terrific condition.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been looking all over where can you find Jamison brass right now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graf's is out, hope it's coming.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
They mentioned it at DSC back in January.
Talked to tech last week, when I was asking about leverevolution components, said no idea when it will actually happen Mad

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Jamison owes me some 470 brass for some damaged ones I returned, been checking monthly no news as to when they will actually run the NE's.

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grafs got back to me, no idea on Jamison brass or Hornady ammo as both companies keep them in the dark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asdf:
I noticed that, too. Graf's lists .450-400 NE (3") and .450 NE (3.25") as does Hornady's own site; but Hornady doesn't mention the .470 NE or the .450-400 NE (3.25") shown at Graf's.

The .450/.400 3" is out as is the brass and bullets. The 9.3X74R brass and bullets are out, but I don't know about the ammo. They've made bullets and brass for .450 3 1/4", and are working up loads in their pressure barrel now. They'll offer .450/.400 3 1/4" brass soon, but are not planning on offering factory ammo. I'm sure the .470 will come after the .450 project is completed. This stuff takes time.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot Hornady 9,3x74R factory ammo, and I killed a pig with it at the last DRSS hunt in Brady Tx.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graf's has 9.3x74 ammo, but Norma's cheaper, go figure. The Norma's very good in the 2 Chapuis I shot it in. If you look at your Chapuis test target, for those who don't know, the "Chapuis Oryx 18.5 grammes" ammo used to regulate is loaded by Norma. The Oryx bullet's obviously Norma but they do in fact load it, as they do for alot of other companies.