New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portable Standing Bench
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking of building a portable standing bench that I can clamp on to a 4x4 at our local range.
I have some ideas but looking for some thoughts.
Thanks

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I made a standing rest by cutting down an old children's swing and adding a bit of upholstery.

However, if your local range benches are under cover, you might rig up something that clamps on to the veranda posts. It could give a lot less setting-up and transport hassles.

Posts: 5112 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stand the stool on edge on top of the bench. Add 2 or 3 sandbags to adjust the height.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy using a stack of milk crates, actually worked pretty well.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
I saw a guy using a stack of milk crates, actually worked pretty well.

My range has a bunch of ice boxes or coolers that they use for outdoor events,I just stack two or three up & sit a sand bag on top next to the end of the shooting benches,which gives me a solid rest on one side,been shooting this way for years.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is portable enough for me. I put it the back of the truck and take it to the range.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...804/m/3371018891/p/1

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are the legs 1x1s?

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2x2s

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
INTJ - you have a PM.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nicely done sir!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote