Find
Notify
Tools

My first Double!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted
I just got my UPS tracking number! My First Double is on the way! Hurry up Mr UPS man! Thanks 757Arms, I can't wait to see it! Pics to follow!

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Did you wind up with the 450/400 or what?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Did you wind up with the 450/400 or what?

A chapuis just like yours!

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Kewl!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Know the feeling, looking forward for some pix.

Best regards

Malek
Good shooting/hunting and God's best

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskaman11:
I just got my UPS tracking number! My First Double is on the way! Hurry up Mr UPS man! Thanks 757Arms, I can't wait to see it! Pics to follow!

Congratulations! beer

Now don't forget to put the "DRSS" in your sig line!

Welcome to the DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY you will love the 450/400NE 3 Inch Chapuis!

You must understand that double rifles are adictive, and this new one wont be you last one!

That's alright dive in the DRSS water is fine!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Congratulations,life will never be the same again,you are in for a fun time guaranteed.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Pictures?

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

I wish it was in 450 400 but it's not, I'm starting small with the 9.3x74. But hey, that means I need to buy more....right?

Congratulations! beer

Now don't forget to put the "DRSS" in your sig line!

Welcome to the DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY you will love the 450/400NE 3 Inch Chapuis!

You must understand that double rifles are adictive, and this new one wont be you last one!

That's alright dive in the DRSS water is fine!

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smartest thing you could of ever done IMO is to start with the 9,3x74R. Own two Chapuis's and my only complaint is the high comb which belts me in the cheek. But easy to live with when using it for hunting.
Mine has already claimed two moose, hope your's does the sameSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Smartest thing you could of ever done IMO is to start with the 9,3x74R. Own two Chapuis's and my only complaint is the high comb which belts me in the cheek. But easy to live with when using it for hunting.
Mine has already claimed two moose, hope your's does the sameSmiler

I totally agree that the 9.3X74R is a great first double rifle, and is up to handling anything in North America, and most everything in Africa as well with proper bullet and placement!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I remember the 2 months of self-imposed torture while mine was on layaway. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Posts: 1435 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A double rifle in 9,3x74R is one of the best hunting rifles on the Planet IMHO.

I have shot more different kinds of game with a 9,3x74R double that any other calibre rifle.

Including deer, pigs, turkey, coyotes, beaver, black bear, all sorts of African plains game, and giraffe, cape buff and elephant.

It is one of my most favorite hunting rifles.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
A double rifle in 9,3x74R is one of the best hunting rifles on the Planet IMHO.

I have shot more different kinds of game with a 9,3x74R double that any other calibre rifle.

Including deer, pigs, turkey, coyotes, beaver, black bear, all sorts of African plains game, and giraffe, cape buff and elephant.

It is one of my most favorite hunting rifles.

I will agree. It's a great all round gun. Suitable out to a couple of hundred yards with a low powered scope but big enough to take on DG if necessary. I haven't taken thick skinned DG with mine, but did take the lion pictured below in my signature line with it, and did so very convincingly with the CEB Non-Con bullets.

It's a great DR to start out with and learn the design, then later if you pair it with a big bore such as a 500NE, you'll be set to hunt the planet except for long range specialty hunts like sheep, goats, and the like. The 9.3 should serve you well for a long time to come. But it will not be long before you're scheming on how to put the next one in the safe. It's an addiction really.

Feel free to inquire here on this site as you run into the inevitable questions. There are many experienced DR shooters here. They have helped and taught me much about the rifle type. Congrats on your new rifle.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Feel free to inquire here on this site as you run into the inevitable questions. There are many experienced DR shooters here.

There's a few right in `da hood too.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will also say that I have used seveal different bullets in my 9,3x74R.

My favorites are the 286gr Woodleigh SP, the 286gr Nosler Partition, and the 286gr Woodleigh Solid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a great start. I took mine to AK this year on a bear hunt. You guys in AK will laugh at me when I tell you this. I got dropped off to walk a creek that ran between two Islands on the big sue. I had my 9.3x74. I am walking the creek and come to a beaver slew, I tried crossing and got good and stuck. I had to pull my feet out of the boots ,pull them out and throw them to shore all with out soaking my rifle. I made it to shore up a 8 foot bank, I had to go inland through these ferns taller than I am to get around the beaver slew. I am walking threw this stuff, feeling like a flea on a poodle. I could not see my feet. A 1000lb could be ten feet infront of me and i would not know it. I went in 25 yards and tried to keep the creek in hearing distance. I found my self standing on a dead fall , I had to back out and go deeper in to get around. I know there was a brown bear and cub in the area. So I am being real carefull. I find a little path heading the way I wanted to go. I am bent over and walking along,looking down I a see a fresh brown bear track that is as big as my size 13 boot, a little futher down the trail I come across a fresh warm pile of bear shit. Now I got to decide "do I sing at the top of my lungs", or" do I try to sneak out to the creek and continue to hunt". I was there to hunt so I walked as quiet as I could , trying to scent the bear if it is close and trying to hear any sound of movement(with my heart pounding in my ears I could not hear much). I made it out with out getting eatin or haveing to shoot a momma bear. I walked a little ways down the creek, unknown to me the dam beaver swam up behind me and slaped the water with it's tail. I don't know how I did not shit my pants. If it had not disapeared it would have gotten shot. It took me a hour to go 60 yards or so. That 9.3 felt kinda small, I was missing my 470 . That walk was the most exciting part of the trip.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Feel free to inquire here on this site as you run into the inevitable questions. There are many experienced DR shooters here.

There's a few right in `da hood too.

That's understandable since there is a large DR contingency here on AR from AK!! beer

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J D:
It's a great start. I took mine to AK this year on a bear hunt. You guys in AK will laugh at me when I tell you this. I got dropped off to walk a creek that ran between two Islands on the big sue. I had my 9.3x74. I am walking the creek and come to a beaver slew, I tried crossing and got good and stuck. I had to pull my feet out of the boots ,pull them out and throw them to shore all with out soaking my rifle. I made it to shore up a 8 foot bank, I had to go inland through these ferns taller than I am to get around the beaver slew. I am walking threw this stuff, feeling like a flea on a poodle. I could not see my feet. A 1000lb could be ten feet infront of me and i would not know it. I went in 25 yards and tried to keep the creek in hearing distance. I found my self standing on a dead fall , I had to back out and go deeper in to get around. I know there was a brown bear and cub in the area. So I am being real carefull. I find a little path heading the way I wanted to go. I am bent over and walking along,looking down I a see a fresh brown bear track that is as big as my size 13 boot, a little futher down the trail I come across a fresh warm pile of bear shit. Now I got to decide "do I sing at the top of my lungs", or" do I try to sneak out to the creek and continue to hunt". I was there to hunt so I walked as quiet as I could , trying to scent the bear if it is close and trying to hear any sound of movement(with my heart pounding in my ears I could not hear much). I made it out with out getting eatin or haveing to shoot a momma bear. I walked a little ways down the creek, unknown to me the dam beaver swam up behind me and slaped the water with it's tail. I don't know how I did not shit my pants. If it had not disapeared it would have gotten shot. It took me a hour to go 60 yards or so. That 9.3 felt kinda small, I was missing my 470 . That walk was the most exciting part of the trip.

JD

My faimly stomping grounds are just a little south of where you were. I know the ground real well!

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by J D:

JD

My faimly stomping grounds are just a little south of where you were. I know the ground real well!

It is a great place, I was surprissed just how green and thick the cover was. I don't know if it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but not being at the top of the food chain was a interesting experience. The fresh tracks and the smokeing bear shit made it real interesting. in those tall ferns.
I almost had my cross hairs on two very nice black bears, but the shot did not happen. I was with in 10 yards of shooting a good boar with my double but we hit fast water before I got in my 100 yard range. I did a 600 yard stark on a very good bear. It started walking my way so I took a stand 60 yards from a little point, the bear walked to the other side of the point never gave me a shot ,wind swirled he was gone.We ere We were going up river 60 to 80 miles eveyday. I was hunting late August and the fish were scarce coming up river. I think I shot my bear near 4th of july hole. It was a dried up sow who went 6 foot with just a little streching. I took a stand across the river because of the wind, it was a 200 yard + shot with my 416 rem.

JD

JD
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Too cool! Congratulations and bring it by!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Will do!

quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
Too cool! Congratulations and bring it by!

Brett

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Will someone in Louisville Kentucky please go out to the UPS sort facility and kick someone butt to get my Double moving faster! This is killing me!

killpc

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
If it made it that far it'll be here tomarrow!
Have faith in BIG BROWN!

LOL, they got mine here today though! (rubbing salt in the wound) Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL, they got mine here today though! (rubbing salt in the wound) Big Grin

Gee! Thanks, why don't you kick me in the nuts for fun why don't you!

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J D:It's a great start. I took mine to AK this year on a bear hunt. You guys in AK will laugh at me when I tell you this. I got dropped off to walk a creek that ran between two Islands on the big sue. I had my 9.3x74. I am walking the creek and come to a beaver slew, I tried crossing and got good and stuck. I had to pull my feet out of the boots ,pull them out and throw them to shore all with out soaking my rifle. I made it to shore up a 8 foot bank, I had to go inland through these ferns taller than I am to get around the beaver slew. I am walking threw this stuff, feeling like a flea on a poodle. I could not see my feet. A 1000lb could be ten feet infront of me and i would not know it. I went in 25 yards and tried to keep the creek in hearing distance. I found my self standing on a dead fall , I had to back out and go deeper in to get around. I know there was a brown bear and cub in the area. So I am being real carefull. I find a little path heading the way I wanted to go. I am bent over and walking along,looking down I a see a fresh brown bear track that is as big as my size 13 boot, a little futher down the trail I come across a fresh warm pile of bear shit. Now I got to decide "do I sing at the top of my lungs", or" do I try to sneak out to the creek and continue to hunt". I was there to hunt so I walked as quiet as I could , trying to scent the bear if it is close and trying to hear any sound of movement(with my heart pounding in my ears I could not hear much). I made it out with out getting eatin or haveing to shoot a momma bear. I walked a little ways down the creek, unknown to me the dam beaver swam up behind me and slaped the water with it's tail. I don't know how I did not shit my pants. If it had not disapeared it would have gotten shot. It took me a hour to go 60 yards or so. That 9.3 felt kinda small, I was missing my 470 . That walk was the most exciting part of the trip.JD

JD, this is off topic, but 12-13 years ago I went on a solo goat hunt on the gulf of AK. After several days of unseasonably hot weather I went down to my low camp on the beach for more food and a change of clothes. I built a fire, grabbed a bar of soap, and went to take a quick swim to get the grime off. The tide was going out but I was surprised to see fresh bear tracks in the sand right at the waterline. Not seeing him around, I laid my rifle down and waded in. Almost immediately I heard a terrific racket of splashing from the other side of a nearby rock outcropping. Certain it was the bear, I made a beeline for shore, grabbed my rifle, and crept slowly (naked and shivering mind you) up the rock to peer over at the bear I was sure was just yards away. Except it turned out to be a tidepool full of trapped salmon trying to leap out. Thank goodness there were no witnesses!

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank goodness there were no witnesses!

O_bob: There were witnesses and pictures were taken. They will be posted this week!!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, just to set the record straight (no pun intended), any similarity between myself and John Taylor starts and ends with that single naked hunting episode. Wink

Alaskaman11, congrats on your new rifle!

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
Gun show this weekend in Palmer. I've a table so stop by and visit. Will have a few guns including a .500 bpe and my giraffe rug to sell.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by J D:It's a great start. I took mine to AK this year on a bear hunt. You guys in AK will laugh at me when I tell you this. I got dropped off to walk a creek that ran between two Islands on the big sue. I had my 9.3x74. I am walking the creek and come to a beaver slew, I tried crossing and got good and stuck. I had to pull my feet out of the boots ,pull them out and throw them to shore all with out soaking my rifle. I made it to shore up a 8 foot bank, I had to go inland through these ferns taller than I am to get around the beaver slew. I am walking threw this stuff, feeling like a flea on a poodle. I could not see my feet. A 1000lb could be ten feet infront of me and i would not know it. I went in 25 yards and tried to keep the creek in hearing distance. I found my self standing on a dead fall , I had to back out and go deeper in to get around. I know there was a brown bear and cub in the area. So I am being real carefull. I find a little path heading the way I wanted to go. I am bent over and walking along,looking down I a see a fresh brown bear track that is as big as my size 13 boot, a little futher down the trail I come across a fresh warm pile of bear shit. Now I got to decide "do I sing at the top of my lungs", or" do I try to sneak out to the creek and continue to hunt". I was there to hunt so I walked as quiet as I could , trying to scent the bear if it is close and trying to hear any sound of movement(with my heart pounding in my ears I could not hear much). I made it out with out getting eatin or haveing to shoot a momma bear. I walked a little ways down the creek, unknown to me the dam beaver swam up behind me and slaped the water with it's tail. I don't know how I did not shit my pants. If it had not disapeared it would have gotten shot. It took me a hour to go 60 yards or so. That 9.3 felt kinda small, I was missing my 470 . That walk was the most exciting part of the trip.JD

JD, this is off topic, but 12-13 years ago I went on a solo goat hunt on the gulf of AK. After several days of unseasonably hot weather I went down to my low camp on the beach for more food and a change of clothes. I built a fire, grabbed a bar of soap, and went to take a quick swim to get the grime off. The tide was going out but I was surprised to see fresh bear tracks in the sand right at the waterline. Not seeing him around, I laid my rifle down and waded in. Almost immediately I heard a terrific racket of splashing from the other side of a nearby rock outcropping. Certain it was the bear, I made a beeline for shore, grabbed my rifle, and crept slowly (naked and shivering mind you) up the rock to peer over at the bear I was sure was just yards away. Except it turned out to be a tidepool full of trapped salmon trying to leap out. Thank goodness there were no witnesses!

Bob

Since we have gotten a little off topic
I have a story to tell that may make you feel better. About 15 years ago my wife and I went to bed for the night. We were sleeping and heard a loud crash along with some glass breaking. I live in New Orleans, so my first thought was home invasion. I keep a police riot gun a 12ga in my closet, along with a 25 round belt of buckshot and slugs. I was up in a second racked a round in the 1187 sliped the belt of ammo across my chest. I sent my dog ahead and cleared the house. My wife had left a dust mop leaning on the wall. It had slid down the wall hitting a glass table and breaking it. I called out to her, letting her know everything was ok and not to shoot me when I walked back in. I turned on the lights and the old lady starts gigling so hard there was tears running down her cheeks. I though she was going into shock. She told me to turn around and look in the mirror. There I was buck naked looking like Phonco Via. I told her I was counting on that reaction,to give me a edge in getting the first shot off.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Did she ask for this afterwards? Eeker

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
we needed some for the sheets though, some yellow stains showed up.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Well, its here! I love it and cant wait to shoot it! Its real tight while closing, is this common? The top latch seems like its not coming over to the 6 o'clock position. I want to get some snap caps where I can check the triggers.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes it should be a little stiff when new. And the top lever should not come back to exactly '6 o'clock" when new. That way it has room to wear in as time goes by.

You might think about getting the Chapuis factory twist on scope mounts. They fit right into the slots that look to be cut into your rib.

A scoped 9,3x74R can do anything a scoped 375H&H bolt rifle can do, in the hunting fields, in my experience[ not opinion, my experience], of course.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Pick up a pair of 1/4" X 1" nylon pan head screws from Chepo Depot tomarrow and drop them by. I'll make you some nice snap caps in an hour or less.
Long lasting and the price can't be beat!

In fact I'll have them ready for the nylon screws if you stop by.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
If Mike charges you a high hourly rate, I've got some Zimbabwe dollars you can pay him with.
Cal
PS. Nice rifle.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, mike i'll bring it by.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
If he doesn't get to jerk those triggers he'll have a heart attack soon.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In fact I'll have them ready for the nylon screws if you stop by.

NRA Life

Sweet, it looks like a twin to mine. Alaska can be rough on them. Mine need a little brushing down the center rib each day, It did not mater how much oil I put on the out side, wax did not help either. It wanted to rust down the center rib. I had to use my tooth brush to wipe the rust away. The wax worked well on the wood. You know how misty the big sue can be.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
posted Hide Post
JD

I agree, I have hunted my doubles in some serious bad weather in Montana, Canada and Alaska. I have even hunted in heavy rain in Zimbabwe. Heck some times it even rains in Texas...

I just made sure I wiped my rifle down, including inside the barrels very good every day.