New
Find
Notify
Tools

quiz show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Jarge, from Newfoundland ,appeared on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and towards the end of the program had already won 500,000 dollars.

"You've done very well so far," said Chris Tarrant, the show's presenter, "but for a million dollars
You've only got one life-line left – phone a friend. Everything is riding on this question.....will you go for it?"

"Yes, Buy," said Jarge. "I'll have a go Aye!"

Chris Tarrant sez "Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest?
a) Sparrow
b) Thrush,
c) Magpie,
d) Cuckoo?"

"I ain't gatta a clue." said Jarge, ''so I'll use one-a dem dare loif-loins and phone my friend Charlie back home in Carner Brook."

Jarge called up his mate, and told him the circumstances and repeated the question to him.

"Fookin hell, Jarge!" cried Charlie. "Dat's simple......It's a cuckoo."

"Are you sure?"

"Lard Je'sus Buy I'm fookin sure."

Jarge hung up the phone and told Chris, "I'll go wit Cuckoo as my answer Aye cause Charlie gots a grade eight dee-ploma."

"Is that your final answer?" asked Chris.

"Yes it is, Buy"

There was a long - long pause, and then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer! Jarge, you've won 1 million Dollars!"

The next night, Jarge invited Charlie to their local pub to buy him a drink.

"Tell me, Charlie ole cock? How in da Lards name did you know it was da Cuckoo that don't build its own nest?"

Charlie sez "Because he lives in a Fookin clock!"

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to argue with pure logic

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote