Find
Notify
Tools

Touche!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
This happened in France to an Englishman who was totally drunk.

The French policeman stops his Jaguar and asks the gentleman if he has
been drinking. With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been
drinking all day, that his daughter got married in the morning to a French man,
and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception and a
quite few glasses of single malt there after.

Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to alcotest (breath test) him and asks the
Englishman if he knows under French Law why he is going to be arrested.

The Englishman answers with humour: No sir, I do not! But while we're asking
questions, do you know that this is a British car and my wife is driving...
on the other side???

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo jumping clap Good One!!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Whistling

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
dancing

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is rather humorous.

Posts: 10383 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
WinkTrue story;a buddy of mine was speeding in Colorado + got pulled over, The trooper told him he had heard a 100 reasons for speeding. If he did'nt want a ticket,tell him one that he had'nt heard. Wes thought a moment the said,"My wife just called + told me if I was'nt home in 15 minutes,she was fxxking someone else." The cop let him go.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Same buddy,different story. Wes was riding home with Bud after work + frequent stops at the local watering holes. Wes is asleep in the passenger seat,Bud driving ,gets pulled over.After the cops are done making Bud do a jig + walk the line,etc. they go to Wes's door which is still locked + him still asleep.The cop starts to tap the window with his night stick. Wes finally wakes up but still semi comatose does'nt open his eyes + thinks that they are home + Bud is trying to wake him.So he shouts out."Knock it off you G.D. S.O.B.!" When he does open his eyes + sees the cop there,the cop asks him if he's drunk. Being Wes,he replies,"Well what if I am, you G.D. ignorant S.O.B.,you gonna arrest me for sleeping while intoxicated?" Believe me,you can't make this stuff up. I would still be under the jail;but being Wesley he seems to lead a charmed life.Not surprising as I know his Dad,an irascable old fart.WW2 vet,master plumber,crew cut,220 lbs,6'2",khaki work suit,broken nose,you get the general picture,best friend you could have...or worst enemy.More on him at a later point.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote