New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bridge to Hawaii
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A guy is walking along a beach in California when he spots a bottle. He picks it up, untwists the cap and (of course) out pops a genie.

This genie acts a little bored by the whole thing and announces:" Look, you let me out. Yeah, I'm grateful, blah, blah, blah. It's happened before and since I want to be off and running, I'll grant you just one wish."

The guy is pretty smart and asks: " If I put everything I want in one sentence - will that count as one wish? The genie says: " Sure!"

The guy says: " I want 5 billion dollars, a 40 room house with swimming pool on 100 acres in Hawaii - and because I am afraid to fly and get seasick, I want a highway built over a bridge from California to Hawaii".

The genie says that he has no problem with most of the request - except that last part about a highway and a bridge.

The genie says (and he really gets worked up about this): "Your request for a highway over a bridge is absolutely insane! Do you have even the faintest idea what it takes to build a highway over a bridge across over 3000 miles of ocean? Do you understand that the Pacific is one of the deepest oceans on earth and what it would take to sink bridge support columns and the amount of concrete needed, you couldn't even imagine".

The genie concludes: "Be sensible and pick another part of your wish".

The guy says: " OK,I want to understand women".

The genie says: " Will that be two lanes or four lanes?"

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
jumping

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote