New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deductive reasoning...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There are four businessmen traveling first class on a flight from NYC to London. They head up to the lounge for a drink. There is a small table open so they sit down and decide to play some cards to pass the time.

After an hour or so at the table one of them tells the other three that he teaches Deductive Reasoning at a major university and offers to tell each of the other three where they went to college based on Deductive Reasoning analysis. They want to see this, so they make a small side bet with him. He turns to the first man on his right and says "you went to Harvard." They man says "Right. How did you know that?" He explains to the man that he sees a slight reserve in his mannerisms and a few regional phrases.

Then, he turns to the man across from him at the table and says "you graduated from Stanford." This guy is also amazed and asks how he could tell. He explains that this fellow has a bit more open approach to discussions, and has evinced a concern for environmental issues during the conversation.

After a few minutes, the man on his left says "have you figured out my alma mater yet?" He says "yes, I made that conclusion right away. You went to the University of Texas." The guy say "correct, but how could you tell so quickly?" The first guy says "you were the easiest of all. I saw your class ring when you were picking your nose."

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
There are four businessmen traveling first class on a flight from NYC to London. They head up to the lounge for a drink. There is a small table open so they sit down and decide to play some cards to pass the time.

After an hour or so at the table one of them tells the other three that he teaches Deductive Reasoning at a major university and offers to tell each of the other three where they went to college based on Deductive Reasoning analysis. They want to see this, so they make a small side bet with him. He turns to the first man on his right and says "you went to Harvard." They man says "Right. How did you know that?" He explains to the man that he sees a slight reserve in his mannerisms and a few regional phrases.

Then, he turns to the man across from him at the table and says "you graduated from Stanford." This guy is also amazed and asks how he could tell. He explains that this fellow has a bit more open approach to discussions, and has evinced a concern for environmental issues during the conversation.

After a few minutes, the man on his left says "have you figured out my alma mater yet?" He says "yes, I made that conclusion right away. You went to Texas A & M." The guy say "correct, but how could you tell so quickly?" The first guy says "you were the easiest of all. I saw your class ring when you were picking your nose."

Rich
Fixed that for you

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I always heard that the third guy graduated Bama. In fact, he was the starting QB in the SEC game against LSU who had to pass a test, on the field, before game in order to play. The Pres of the University came on the field, and both were Mic'd. The Pres. asks him "Billy Joe Bob, what is 2+2?"
Billy Joe Bob thought real hard and said "4?" The stadium was silent for several seconds, when the Bama fans, in unison, yelled out, "Give him Another Try"

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
noted.

The universities cited are subject to change depending on your personal alma mater, their most bitter rival, and what company you are in when you choose to repeat this out loud.

Rich
animal

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote