THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Russia Cracking Down on Alcoholism
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russia Cracking Down on Alcoholism
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Soviet government was cracking down on the alcohol problem that was escalating. So, a communist party official goes to a factory and says to one of the workers, "If you had a glass of vodka could you work today?" The worker said, "I guess I could." "If you had two glasses of vodka, could you work?" He said, "I guess I could." "If you had three glasses of vodka, could you work?" He said, "I'm here, aren't I?"

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you told it before vashper did. That's pretty funny.

I don't really think that they have that dry a sense of humor.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also love you, Kensco Big Grin

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
V

I think you should jump Otto for stealing your jokes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco, and why I should "jump" on Ottomatic? I do not post here jokes about Russians, because it may be offensive to Americans Smiler. So it's not my ecological niche.
In addition, there are anecdotes "of Russian origin", and is the material of the cold war times, in my opinion, quite stupid. Although this anecdote, in principle, of Russian origin, in the original version, it was about a sociological survey about alko in different countries.

I can give you but a joke about Americans.

Americans for several years been preparing a spy for the most important mission in the USSR. To do this, they chose the best cadet of the intelligence school with excellent grades in all subjects. His legend was developed brilliantly. Finally, he was thrown from the aircraft on Soviet territory. He came out of the forest, dressed in a quilted jacket and a cap with earflaps, holding in one hand a bottle of vodka and another loaf of rye bread. Met an old lady, he asked her: "Hey, old lady, f...k your mother, where's the secret military base?".

"-secret military base there, outside the village; but it seems to me that you are an American spy."

"- What makes you think so, grandma ?"

" - We haven't ever seen the Negroes in our corner".

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know. That ones a little iffy.

Start all your American jokes with; "There was this Aggie...." Guaranteed to make you friends except in College Station, home of Texas A&M.; but don't let that stop you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm told there's a lot of truth in the Soviet version. Big Grin It's how people got through Life there.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizz, according Tolkien, orcs are genetically identical to the elves. On the screen they look different - but it is just the result of propaganda.