New
Find
Notify
Tools
Grandpa's advice
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This should once again confirm that the most important information in your life won't come from a teacher, the library or the Internet, but from a mentor, and on a very personal level.

My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up, and for me it is a time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The long drives. The special trips he would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with him, and the advice he used to give!

Much was wasted because I was young when he died. If he were alive today and sharing his gems of wisdom, I'd be a better man.

Those gems were well and good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grand-fatherly advice, came when he paused, looked me in the eye and said..."Don't marry a woman with big hands. It makes your pecker look smaller."

..... brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fischer,

As we are on the subject of grandapas, here is one for you.

Grandaph was sitting on the porch having a smoke. He could see a worm getting out of its hole. He also could see his grandson playing a few feet away.

Grandpa to his granson: "I betcha a Dollar you can't get that worm back into its hole"

The kid got the worm and tried to stick it back into the hole. Not much success, as the worm was flopping and wriggling around.

The kid ran with the worm in his hands into the house.

A few minutes later, he comes running with the worm as straight and stiff as an arrow. He pushed into its hole.

Granda happily gave him the Dollar, and asked him what he did to it.

"I sprayed it with hair spray grandap! It made it stiff"

The next morning, grandpa calls his grandson, and gives him another Dollar.

The kid asked "Wow, thanks grandp, what is this on for?"

Smiling, the old man said "your granda said it was a great idea too"

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Good one!