New
Find
Notify
Tools

MANNERS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
During class, a teacher trying to teach good manners asks the students, one by one -
"Michael, if you were on a date, having supper with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?" she asked.

Michael answered, "Just a minute, I have to go piss." The teacher replied "That would be rude and impolite!"

"What about you John, how would you say it?" she asked. John answered, "I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." The teacher responded, "That's better, but it's still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the table."

"And you Peter" she continued, "are you able to use your intelligence for once and show us your good manners?"

Peter responded, "I would say: Darling, may I please be excused for a moment, I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope you'll get to meet after supper."

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YUMAN:
During class, a teacher trying to teach good manners asks the students, one by one -
"Michael, if you were on a date, having supper with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?" she asked.

Michael answered, "Just a minute, I have to go piss." The teacher replied "That would be rude and impolite!"

"What about you John, how would you say it?" she asked. John answered, "I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." The teacher responded, "That's better, but it's still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the table."

"And you Peter" she continued, "are you able to use your intelligence for once and show us your good manners?"

Peter responded, "I would say: Darling, may I please be excused for a moment, I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope you'll get to meet after supper."

I predict Peter will be very successful in the dating game. Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard it a little different....

little Johnnie was in the back of he class and he said "May I be excused please? I must say hi to my friend Peter, whom I hope you'll want to meet real soon"

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote