New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tragedy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
John Kerry visits a school classroom where they are in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asks Mr.Kerryif he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy."

The illustrious Senator asks the class for an example of a
tragedy. One little boy stands up and offers: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs him over and kills him, that would be a 'tragedy.'"
"No," says Kerry, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raises her hand. "If a school bus carrying 50
children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."
"I'm afraid not," explains Mr. Kerry. "That's what we would call a 'great loss.'"

The room goes silent. No other children volunteered. Kerry
searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a 'tragedy?'" Finally, at the back of the room, a small boy raises his hand.
In a quiet voice, he says: "If your campaign plane, carrying you Mr. Kerry, were struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens, that would be 'tragedy.'"

"Fantastic!" exclaims Kerry. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a 'tragedy?'"

"Well," says the boy, "because it certainly wouldn't be a 'great loss' and it probably wouldn't be an 'accident' either."

Posts: 182 | Location: Va. | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How true! If only we could get Ted Kennedy, Bubba & Hillary, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, John Edwards, and about 1000 other Democratic politicians on the same plane, it would be a good start!

Posts: 350 | Location: state of missery/missouri | Registered: 08 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
don't forget Jesse.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
my bad ,gun. I dislike him so much ,I vote for jesse twice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, the real tragedy will be if that SOB gets elected President.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote