New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick-minded Irish priest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new Washington D.C. parish.

He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a donkey lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.

He promptly called the White House . The conversation went like this: "Good morning. This is Barrack Obama . How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day t' yerself . This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's Catholic Church.
There's a donkey lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Barack, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the Irish accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a moment . . . . Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye,' tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin, which is the reason for me call."

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
dancing tu2 Good One!!

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
I'm stealin' this one!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
dancing

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote