Notify
Tools

Creationist Cosmos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZEfafbjSE

Anybody here who believe that Earth is about 6 000 years old and dinosaur fossils are Satan's creations or God's joke? Big Grin

Jiri

Posts: 2099 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Take it up with the Mud Pit. Not funny...

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Well Jiri, I find it funny. I think it one of God's jokes that he created people who believe that, considering we have written histories older than that..

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It could have been funny, as the material is very rich, but it was unfortunately stupid and lame in the execution. IMHO, of course.

Here's a much better one:

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13476 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I found it funny because:

If you said that Earth is "round" few hundred years ago, you get executed.

If you were good in healing, herbs etc., you get burned for witchcraft.

If you said that Earth is rotating around the Sun, you get burned.

All of course in the name of God.

Now, there are any such a stupids that says "dinosaurs never existed" and what I really believe is that they will be happy to burn you for saying "dinosaurs lived on Earth from about 230 to 65 millions years ago" because it is against God.

Posts: 2099 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
In this version, dinosaurs lived with people Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
On the first day, the Flying Spaghetti Monster separated the water from the heavens; on the second, because He could not tread water for long and had grown tired of flying, He created the land—complemented by a beer volcano. Satisfied, the Flying Spaghetti Monster overindulged in beer from the beer volcano and woke up hungover. Between drunken nights and clumsy afternoons, the Flying Spaghetti Monster produced seas and land (for a second time, accidentally, because he forgot that he created it the day before) along with Heaven and a midget, which he named Man. Man and an equally short woman lived happily in the Olive Garden of Eden for some time until the Flying Spaghetti Monster caused a global flood in a cooking accident.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I think it's funny
Religion has tendencies to control free speech, always had and of course only people are behind it, no one else

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
I think it's funny
Religion has tendencies to control free speech, always had and of course only people are behind it, no one else

Exactly.

I have nothing against faith or whatever (and this joke was not attack of anybody).

But it is the source of power and some people behind church will always try to keep power and control. There are good and bad people regardless of their religion, faith or atheism etc.