New
Find
Notify
Tools

God Save The Queen
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Interesting to think that if you say that phrase anywhere in the world, everyone knows you are talking about this lady.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
jumping Make It So,#1.

Posts: 2026 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gotta remember the old gal is 91, give her credit for hanging in there. Last of the old style monarchs, wouldn't say Shit if her mouth was full of it. Wink Hubby on the other hand is a much more visceral character, he has been known to put his foot in his mouth on occasion.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That's funny!

Posts: 4 | Location: ON - NB | Registered: 01 April 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hubby on the other hand is a much more visceral character, he has been known to put his foot in his mouth on occasion.

I didn't know she was married to Joe Biden!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Eeker rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Hubby on the other hand is a much more visceral character, he has been known to put his foot in his mouth on occasion.

I've never really paid a lot of attention to any of hte Monarchs of the world BUT I have often really enjoyed Prince Phillips conduct...he gets away with stuff nobody else in the world could say or do. And he says some of the most off the wall stuff...I would like to believe he does it just to see if anyone will call him on it. Smiler

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CowboyCS:
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:

I've never really paid a lot of attention to any of hte Monarchs of the world BUT I have often really enjoyed Prince Phillips conduct...he gets away with stuff nobody else in the world could say or do. And he says some of the most off the wall stuff...I would like to believe he does it just to see if anyone will call him on it. Smiler

Kinda like Joe Biden with a stiff upper lip...and a brain.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well she has out ruled Victoria (in years)+ her husband Phillip is a Mountbatten (cousin to Lord Mountbatten,the last Viceroy of India,before being murdered by the IRA in 1978) thus making the new princes ones as well.They married in 1947,right before the demise of Britain's colonial empire.(WW2 took care of that,among other things). Sorry, this is history + this is the humor column. O.K. just one more as this is still a hunting site.Elizabeth was in India looking at the colonies as they were during the downslide. Her guide + protector was Jim Corbett. He put her up in a machan in a tree + stood guard all night at the base of the tree.In the night the old monarch died + she was the immediate successor.Corbett's comment was ,"She ascended the tree a princess + descended a queen."Enough 101 for tonight.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Her guide + protector was Jim Corbett. He put her up in a machan in a tree + stood guard all night at the base of the tree.In the night the old monarch died + she was the immediate successor.Corbett's comment was ,"She ascended the tree a princess + descended a queen."Enough 101 for tonight.

Good story, but she was in Kenya in a treehouse watching elephants at a waterhole. Corbett may have been there but it is doubtful.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gato,you may be right,although it destroys my memory of the story + shatters the delusion that as the old adage says, (sic) "When the legend + fact become contraversial ;print the legend."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read that story about his life so many years ago.I would like to portray truth + know it as well.Where did you get your info? Not snopes I hope.