Find
Notify
Tools

Ponderings Of An Old Fart
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ponderings Of An Old Fart

A thief broke into my house last night. He started searching for money, so I got up and searched with him.

I think I'll just put an "Out Of Order" sticker on my forehead and call it a day.

Just remember, once you're over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.

Having plans sounds like a good idea until you have to put on clothes and leave the house.

It’s weird being the same age as old people.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected.

It’s probably my age that tricks people into thinking I’m an adult.

Never sing in the shower! Singing leads to dancing, dancing leads to slipping, and slipping leads to paramedics seeing you naked! So remember, don’t sing!

I see people about my age mountain climbing. I feel good getting my leg through my underwear without losing my balance.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
tu2 beer Time And Life Move On.With Or Without You. mrb

Posts: 2026 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting old is not so bad----when I was 20 yrs. old and I got an erection I couldn't bend it.

NOW I CAN!!! archer

Hip

Posts: 1849 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Age means that you finally realize you can have as much fun by staying home, as you can by going to certain places and doing the stupid things that people do there.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13457 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s weird being the same age as old people.

I was told old people were born that way, I wasn't. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1614 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Mike, you are so right. In hindsight I think that some of my best memories were spending Friday nights at home with my wife cracking pecans to put in the freezer with the kids in bed + watching The undersea world of Jaque Coustou on PBS. A pleasant time.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Age means that you finally realize you can have as much fun by staying home, as you can by going certain places and doing the stupid things that people do there.

True!

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2