New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garage Sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The beloved Mrs. had a garage sale this morning. As I was helping her set it up I noticed that my copy of Jeremiah Johnson was in a box of stuff to be sold!..Oh the horrors.
While it is a VHS, I still don't have the DVD, I realized that I have failed to impart the importance of my yearly viewing of this fine film every late Oct, just before general Deer Season starts.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Since when has it been funny when your wife tries to sell your stuff without your knowledge? Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, we may need a posting board for tragedies such as this.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is not funny. My wife would dearly like to see the last of My Jeremiah Johnson, but she knows her prize horse would be next. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
has she been released from the ICU yet?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No No.....no need for that. Just a gentle but firm talking to about the importance of such a film as compared to, say, a chick flick staring J-Lo.

Also, this is my 500th post....I am now an AR expert on everything including hunting in Africa even though I've never been, balistics, even if I don't reload, and I absolutely KNOW that 10 grains of bullet weight will make all the difference in the world when killing something.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Jeremiah Johnson is available at walmart for less than $10. You can order it on line and they will mail it ot you.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once caught my wife trying to get rid of my Blazing Saddles dvd.
I can feel your pain.

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the greatest movies ever made. I have worn out a couple of copies over the years and still have to watch it at least once a year. I remember seeing it in the theaters shortly after it was released when I was a young boy.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it would ever bee released in a Blue Ray edition? I picked up a Blue Ray on "Saving Private Ryan" Amazing definition.

Would love to see the following in a Blue Ray also:

Legends of the Fall

A River Runs Through It

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeremiah Johnson is #2 just behind my copy of The Mountain Men as a favorite.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
I think I remember that film from when I was a kid, can you tell me who was in it etc? I may have to ask my dad if he still has a copy of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robert Redford.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote