Notify
Tools
Two Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
TWO TOUGH QUESTIONS

Question 1:

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the answer for this one.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A -

Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B -

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C -

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your Choice?

Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A: is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B: is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C: is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, the answer to the abortion question: If you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

and in case you never saw this one......

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud

* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks

* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting

* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

[Eek!]

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had picked churchill, because I knew from the descriiption who that was. I wouldn't want franklin again. Since it was winston that pulled the wool over frank's eyes during wwii and all I think he would be the one to go with. I think that hitler did smoke though didn't he?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003
one of us
posted Hide Post
First, Hitler didn�t smoke. He was very anti-smoking and he was ahead of his time on this issue. After WW2, the USA sent a lot of cigarettes to Germany and handed them out FREE.

Second, based on the little information that was presented the best answers, would not have been the best decision in hind site.

Third, Where did you come up with the information about the Congress? I believe it is out of date. I saw something very similar about the last congress. I want to be able to put names with allegations.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, and that same bunch of crooks, drunks, and self-acclaimed do goodoers have just given themselves a 5% pay raise. Now wouldn't you like to have the unchallanged power to give yourself any kind of pay raise anytime that you wanted to without ever having to go to the boss (the people HA HA) to get it?

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no idea where the info. came from. I know none of it was funny, but I didn't know where else to put it. It made me sit back and think, though.

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I question some of the numbers being attributed to the Congress. It would be nice to know it's documented and not urban legend make-believe. For example, I seriously doubt that 84 were arrested for Drunk Driving in the past year. That means that nearly 1 in 6 has been arrested in the past year. Those sort of arrests make the news, and I haven't heard of one being arrested for it here in Michigan. And statistically we should have had three of them arrested.

Hmmmmm, me thinks the numbers are a little off.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001
one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted Hide Post
The statements about congress have been debunked on the snopes and other urban legends websites. They are not true and are not based in fact for any period of time.

The numbers are more than a little off.

Mort Canard

[ 09-06-2003, 21:36: Message edited by: Mort Canard ]

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
I think that hitler did smoke though didn't he?

Bet'cher sweet ass he smoked. The day they doused him in gasoline and all the next day. [Big Grin]

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Also, Hitler became a vegetarian later on in the war when things weren't going so smoothly and he started having stomach problems.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000