THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    10 Ways To Prepare For Ski Season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 Ways To Prepare For Ski Season
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
10. Visit your local butcher and pay $10 to sit in his walk in freezer for an hour. Afterwards, burn two $50 dollar bills to warm up.

9. Go to your nearest hockey rink and walk across it 20 times in your ski boots carrying two skis and your accessory bag and poles. Pretend you are looking for your car.

8. For ski boots simulation at home, put a pebble in your socks and put on your street shoes and tighten a C-clamp around your toes.

7. Buy a pair of expensive gloves and immediately throw one away.

6. Go to McDonald's and insist on paying $12.50 for a hamburger. Be sure to stand in the longest line.

5. Clip a lift ticket to the zipper of your jacket and ride a motor bike very fast to make the ticker lacerate your face.

4. Drive very slowly for 5 hours - anywhere as long as it is in a snowstorm and your are following an 18 wheeler very closely.

3. Fill a blender with ice, hit the pulse button and let the ice hit you in the face. You would almost believe you are skiing in front of a snow maker.

2. Dress up in as many clothes as you can and proceed to take them off because you have to go to the bathroom.

1. Repeat all of the above every Saturday and Sunday.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
dancing

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is funny!! I bet it will work too!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
tu2 jumping Just Enough Reasons For me To Go To The Beach!!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
rotflmo jumping

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny, coming from Dubai. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Now that's funny, coming from Dubai. Big Grin

Grizz

Listen mate, I did not have the luxury of learning to ski until I was 55 years old.

But, I am trying my best to put in some experience! beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing terrible, Saeed. I had the same experience this year, and I am three years more than 55. I started from zero, and on the fourth day, I had already passed the "black track".
However, I already had experience in cross-country skiing.
The main thing - do not be afraid to fall on your own, when you feel you can not cope with the speed or maneuver.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Good one, Saeed. Explains why I have always held that no one convicted of Skiing (or golf) should ever be allowed to hold any government office in any country.) Both suggest a mind set which really enjoys masochism a little to much....

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote