Find
Notify
Tools

Showing Kindness
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
One afternoon a lawyer was riding in her limousine when she saw two men along the road-side eating grass. Disturbed,she ordered her driver to stop and got out to investigate.

She asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.

"But madam, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man she stated, "You may come with us, also."
The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But madam, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was .Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Madam, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you. "

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high."

Come on now...you really didn't think there was such a thing as a heart-warming lawyer story...did you????

Posts: 1076 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I kinda resemble that.

Years ago the family decided it was my wife and I's turn to host the holiday festivities.

Included therein was my sister in law, who is a rather large lady and goes about 450 and her husband was into the 3's. My wife asked me how we were going to handle the group, to which I replied.

"I'm going to spray Vinegar and Oil on the lawn and yell SALAD BAR"

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:
One afternoon a lawyer was riding in her limousine when she saw two men along the road-side eating grass. Disturbed,she ordered her driver to stop and got out to investigate.

She asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.

"But madam, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man she stated, "You may come with us, also."
The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But madam, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was .Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Madam, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you. "

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high."

Come on now...you really didn't think there was such a thing as a heart-warming lawyer story...did you????

GREAT!! I sent it to my brother in Canada, but chose to NOT send it to my other (lawyer) brother in St. Paul.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In our holiday village sect of Krishna bought a house. As neighbors, they were quite harmless, only constantly singing his mantra. Rather, young people, and young children. In the afternoon they walked around and gathered food plants. And we constantly have problems in the garden - weeds (nettle, goutweed, dandelions). Every weekend we have to spend to deal with them. And I suggested to the wife: "let's invite Krishna to our site? And they will be fine and we will show kindness." Perhaps in a former life I was a lawyer. Wife, as it turned out, no - I'm sorry about my idea. However, after some time the local villagers configured fundamentalist, drove Krishna, even, like, burned them the toilet, and they were gone.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin