THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Guide to Common Corporate Terms

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Guide to Common Corporate Terms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

If you have ever dealt with corporate or bureaucratic terms then the below definitions will help you figure out what is really going on.

A Growing Body of Opinion: Two high ranking officials have already agreed in this matter.
Action Recommended: What it was we started out to do in the first place.
Assumptions: Influencing factors, preferably those incapable of being proven or disporven.
Bureaucrat: One who, having mastered both Prakinson's Law and the Peter Principle, can now draw a straight line indicating the longest distance between two points.
Clarification: FIlling in the background with so many details that the foreground goes underground.
Close the Issue: It's not safe to push this any further.
Committee: A group of the uninformed, appointed by the unwilling to do the unnecesary.
Conclusion(s): As any idiot can plainly see.
Concur: Now we're in this together.
Concur in Principle: I haven't read the paper and don't want to be bound by anything it says.
Consultant (aka Expert): Anyone 50 miles from home with a briefcase.
Deadline: An arbitrary date, normally selected by splitting the difference between the boss's vacation and the next three day weekend.
Facts Bearing On The Problem: Those aspects of the mess that support our recommended action or which we know we can't hide anyway.
Flextime: An intriguing approach to legitimizing those afternooons on the green.
For Concurrence: I am not going to take the blame for this al by myself.
For Coordination: My boss said I have to get you to sign off on this, whether you know anything about it or not.
For Your Information: There may be some action required here, but I just don't see it.
Give Us the Benefit Of Your Thinking: We'll listen to what you have to say as long as it does not interfere with what we have already decided to do.
Giving Someone The Big Picture: A long, confused, and inaccurate briefing usually reserved for newcomers.
Have You Any Remarks: Can you give me an idea of what this is all about?
I Approach The Subject With An Open Mind: I am completely ignorant of the whole matter.
Informed Source: The guy who told the guy you just met.
It is Generally Believed That: This other guy and I both think so.
It Is Well Known That: I Can't find, or didnt bother to look for, a reference, but I am going to say it anyway.
Landmark of Historical Significance: A large old building that no noe wants to occupy.
Let's Get Together On This: I'm assuming that you're as confused as I am, or I dont't have an answer either.
Note And Initial: Let's spread responsibility for this around.
Note And Return: I hope you'll add something intelligent because I'm stuck, or I'm not sure what I'm doing.
Point Up The Issue: To expand one page to ten.
Program: Any assignment that can't be completed with one phone call.
Reference(s): Somewhere in this document there is an allusion to what it is we want to do, or not do, as the case may be.
Reference My Memo Of...: Let's see how good your files are.
See Me or Let's Discuss: Come to my office, I'm lonsome.
Under Active Consideration: We're looking in the files for it.
Unimpeachable Source: The guy who started the rumor.
We Have Purified Our Records or Files: We gave them to the CIA, but you'll have to find that out for yourself.
We'll Let The Facts Speak For Themselves: You're not going to get any information out of us.
We're Making A Survey or We Are Evaluating: We need more time to think up a reply.
Will Advise In Due Course: If we figure it out, we'll let you know.
You Spearhead The Program: You take the chances.

Corporate Rating Terms
Forceful and Aggressive: Likes to argue.
Has A Good Sense OF Humor: Knows a lot of dirty jokes.
His Character Is Above Reproach: He stays one step ahead of the law.
Often Devotes Long Hours To His Job: Can't get along with his wife.
Pays Attention To Detail: a real nit-picker.
Socially Active: Heavy drinker.
Stern Disciplinarian: A real bastard.
Sticks To His Principles: A stubborn person.
Well Qualified: Has committed no major blunders.

Posts: 309 | Location: kentucky | Registered: 22 September 2003