New
Find
Notify
Tools

dear boss
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have enjoyed working here these past several years.

You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief.
I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that
will pay my salary till the
day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.

Despite this I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position.
During this time I will show up for work when it is
convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all
the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back
with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything,
remember that you have no choice in the matter I can and will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Senator or Congressman
running for re-election

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought this was the Humor section, not the Sad & Depressing section.
The older I get the less I expect our so called leaders to do the right thing!
Far too few of them whether R or D are any good.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can always trust a politician to look after himself, first. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes me want to vomit.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Disgusting is right. Along that same subject (you connect the dots).Several years ago in Mexico they had a program involving highway contractors.They had all the specs up front along with the timeline to completion. Now here's the sweet part.They only got to bid one mile of road.If you did as you were supposed to you got to bid on another mile,etc. You fxxk up + your name is out of the bidding pool.Kept everybody real honest.Worked so well I'm sure it is not in effect any more.Apply those principles to the fed. + see what the results might be.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While we're in here pissing and moaning, we seem to ignore the fact that we did it to ourselves.
Those people weren't elected by aliens. (although if the DNC gets away with their latest scam, they could be elected by illegal aliens) With only @30% of the population voting, it doesn't take too large a bloc of voters to swing an election. And so, the pols pander to the special interest groups because they are vocal and they get to the polls. So we see pols being elected to high and important positions by how they feel about topics that has nothing to do with the position they will occupy.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Good case in point.As much as I approved of our past Governer Rick Perry;He started out in office as Ag. Comm.,then Lt. Gov.,then Gov. He never stayed in any office long enough to even understand the job. Don't get me started on Carole Kysteer.Too much of this is going on. We need statesmen,not career politions.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote