THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Be careful on Valentine's day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be careful on Valentine's day
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12705 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend called me to tell me his wife was expecting.

I did some quick math and said first day of season.

He groaned sure enough I received a call I will not be making it.

Wwife went into labor as he was packing the truck.

The afternoon before.

Posts: 19606 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My young neighbor & friend came over to invite me to his wedding.
The set date was the opening day of deer season.
I told him that unless they changed their date that I wouldn't be there.
And I wasn't.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A buddy that was on a minesweep told about when he asked the skipper if he could get leave because his wife was having their baby.The Cap. replied,"You were necessary at the keel laying,you are not necessary at the launching."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Cap. replied,"You were necessary at the keel laying,you are not necessary at the launching."

Those USN Lifers are a zaney bunch.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got married on opening day and we went to the deer lease and staid in a tent for our honeymoon. We went on a real honeymoon later. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and we will be married 45 years this year.

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I too, have been married 45 years. Just didn't wed on the opening of deer season. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't been married that long, but my wife and I had our 35th Anniversary on the banks of the Panini river in Northern Tanzania. The guys put on quite a show.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Now you see the wisdom of us having 4 wives!

The other three can be midwives, while we are out hunting!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Besides,as the old African man said,"If you have several wives,they will be so busy competing with each other that they will leave you alone."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Now you see the wisdom of us having 4 wives!

The other three can be midwives, while we are out hunting!

If I had 4 wives, I'd go hunting ... permanently.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12705 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do recall the scene in "Little Big Man" when his job was to satisfy his wife + 3 sisters.I remember Dustin just crawling from one into the next buffalo robe blanket. Nice problem to have (when you're young.)Like the OLD fart that I worked for years ago said,"At my age,I'd rather be promised than offered."