THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Comments made by men during colonoscopies

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Comments made by men during colonoscopies
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their Colonoscopies:

1. "Take it easy Doc, you're boldly going where no man has gone before."
2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"
3. "Can you hear me NOW?"
4. "Oh boy! That was sphincterrific!"
5. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
6. "You know in Arkansas we're now legally married."
7. "Any sign of the trapped miners Chief?"
8. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out..."
9. "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"
10. "If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!"
11. "Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."
12. "You used to be an executive at Enron didn't you?"

And the best one of them all...

13. "Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is in fact not up there."

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Having experienced the "silver bullet", I found those quite funny.

During that experience I was stoned on high-order drugs the doctors gave me (No way I was giving it up easy!) During the experience I got to watch on the color camera monitor.

It was like "Hamstervision".

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
My brother, the doctor, the recipient of all this kind of stuff I send him to use in his retirement joke book, tells me the most memorable remark he has heard from a sedated patient, Bill, was "No, not now Mike, maybe in the morning." YETCH!

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003
posted Hide Post
It didn't hurt until they had to change the tape in the camera, Ouch!!

one of us
Picture of befus
posted Hide Post
Been there , done that. I think they usd a 150 watt bulb on mine...............................

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003
one of us
posted Hide Post

I am scheduled for my first colonoscopy on March 25. Thanks to you guys I am now approaching it with fear and dread! Now I understand what a female virgin feels on the approach of wedding night! (No jokes,please! At 73, this male "virgin" is entitled to be treated with some dignity)Smiler

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but I don't think of dignity and colonoscopy as being in the least bit related. I hope you have a more pleasant time of it.

Just in passing, my father-in-law said he was so doped up for his that he only remembers the nurse laughing at him... Now THERE'S DIGNITY for you.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't think of dignity and colonoscopy as being in the least bit related. I hope you have a more pleasant time of it.

Just in passing, my father-in-law said he was so doped up for his that he only remembers the nurse laughing at him... Now THERE'S DIGNITY for you.

Hobie:

LOL. She was not laughing at him. She was smiling seductively at an older man who had come through a grueling experience and remembering that older men are experienced at making women happy. (Gee! if I talk this way now, can't you just imagine what I'll be like under sedation!)

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

Hobie:

LOL. She was not laughing at him. She was smiling seductively at an older man who had come through a grueling experience and remembering that older men are experienced at making women happy. (Gee! if I talk this way now, can't you just imagine what I'll be like under sedation!)

We can only hope. However, if you had EVER met my father-in-law you wouldn't think that. Fairly good looking in his younger days, they've always called him "Shorty". Now he has the appearance of something of a cross between Hobbit and Gnome. More to the point, even though he's slow to take offense he truly believes she was laughing at him. Maybe it was the sedation...

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although I am no expert, I believe the exact word is "COLOSCOPY". This side of the pond when we see a colonoscopy, it's more likely that we watch a movie on our former colonies, like America....

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
That makes sense, I think of France when someone mentions them as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Europe it�s colonoscopy -coloscopy sounds like a kids game: "The new game from Martell!".

Colonoskopies are serious business: Mine wasn�t that bad, the gastro was a lot worse.

I didn�t get a sedative...