Login/Join

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted
What a fat pig!!!!

Rainbow Trout

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Not to stomp on your post but I have mixed feelings about this fish and fish from this lake. Here's why. First, it's a triploid....why be so excited about a frankenfish? The thing is also apparently an escapee from a commercial fishing operation and has been feeding on commercial feed for x years even since it's escape. That's a bit like someone high fencing 10,000 acres of Texas brush, bringing in some genetically "improved" stock, covering a portion of the land with food plots, and growing the world record whitetail. Not a very satisfying trophy to have on the wall if you ask me.
Now, if this fish had been pulled from some remote lake untouched by man or, even better, a lake without supplemental feed anywhere near it but fished all the time by locals, I would be VERY impressed. As it is, give me a lunker 1/3 the size of this one but LEGIT and I will be dancing a jig so vigorously, I'll probably swamp my boat. Smiler