THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FISHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Nature, Animals, Space And The Sea  Hop To Forums  Fishing    Getting Pumped Up For Brazil Peacocks in 2024

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Pumped Up For Brazil Peacocks in 2024
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got a report from our outfitter. Eight fishermen, caught 1,595 Peacock Bass in six days. The largest was 16 Lbs., (a little disappointing), 52 were over 10 Lbs.

If my math is correct, that is more than 33 fish per day, per man. That might just wear me out.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The Amazon basin is a magical place. We did a multi species trip that included a huge variety of species including peacocks.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you dont mind me asking which outfit you going with i went last year and the outfitter was abysmal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check your Private Messages.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zee:
If you dont mind me asking which outfit you going with i went last year and the outfitter was abysmal.

It would be nice to know the name of the abysmal outfitter…….

one of us
posted Hide Post
New wrinkle. Brazil requiring a visa for Americans arriving after January 10th, and yet no process in place to get the visa.

They are saying the process can be done online without sending your passport in. Some sites say the visa can be had in five days; others say thirty. We are just sitting back watching. Not going to make any final payment until we know we can get into the country.

Our outfitter is saying if things go bad they will re-schedule the trip at a later date.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
When we went 5-6 years ago, a visa was required and it was good for 10 years. So I guess it would still be good. Cool

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brazil and (Argentina) is very keen to reciprocate with any US requirements. On one of my trips to Brazil years ago they required a $100 fee at Immigration. They showed me where the US had recently instigated a similar fee on Brazilians. The diplomatic pissing match ended relatively quickly and the fee was dropped on both ends.

Entering Argentina once, they charged me but not my wife. I asked how come. They told me because she was born in Argentina. I told him she lived there for less than a year and didn't have a valid Argentine passport. He said, "Didn't matter". My wife and the Immigration guy got a kick out of it and I paid my fee.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

I am not aware of who Kensco is going with. However, Acute was sold and they got into some legal troubles. They lost their access to the river we all fished (Jatapu/Jamarie).

I had a 4000.00 deposit with them for a new river called the Mapuerta IIRC. they also lost it and my deposit isn't being returned.

I'm very disappointed in the entire thing. I fished that river at least 15 times.

Ralph, one other friend and I are all flying to Guyana this Friday. Fishing a river called the Essequibo. Same species and even a few more.

I'll do a report when I get back.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

I am not aware of who Kensco is going with. However, Acute was sold and they got into some legal troubles. They lost their access to the river we all fished (Jatapu/Jamarie).

I had a 4000.00 deposit with them for a new river called the Mapuerta IIRC. they also lost it and my deposit isn't being returned.

I'm very disappointed in the entire thing. I fished that river at least 15 times.

Ralph, one other friend and I are all flying to Guyana this Friday. Fishing a river called the Essequibo. Same species and even a few more.

I'll do a report when I get back.

My wife and I are in the same boat with ACUTE ANGLING.

I am anxious to see if they are at any of the big shows booking trips.........

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amazon-Angler and Steve Townson were the organization that screwed us over. At the first hint of trouble, he'll take your money and run under the house. He won't offer you a partial refund or a later booking. I would avoid them like the plague.

I have never dealt with Acute Angling.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Amazon-Angler and Steve Townson were the organization that screwed us over. At the first hint of trouble, he'll take your money and run under the house. He won't offer you a partial refund or a later booking. I would avoid them like the plague.

Nor do you want to…. thumbdown

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Brazilian eVisa process is now up and running. https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brazilian visa approved. Now if my fishing partner can just get his approved, we are "on our way".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In all fairness, received a call today that my deposit refund was being mailed out today.

I will confirm, when in hand.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

In all fairness, received a call today that my deposit refund was being mailed out today.

I will confirm, when in hand.

Me too, I almost fell over!!!

Me too.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trip cancelled. Drought and low water conditions in the river. Pilots unwilling to land float planes. Boats being shoved over sand bars, camps not able to be shifted easily. Scratching our heads right now. May reschedule to 2025. May take the refund.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trip cancelled. Drought and low water conditions in the river. Pilots unwilling to land float planes. Boats being shoved over sand bars, camps not able to be shifted easily. Scratching our heads right now. May reschedule to 2025. May take the refund.

I just got back from Guyana. We had lower than normal water as well. It changes fishing but the fish are still there and still need to eat. We caught dozens of good Peacocks, every day. numerous Payara and lots of smaller Catfish. Redtails 20-60, Barba Chata 10-15, and some other species. Fishing was what I would call,good.

I fishing the Jatapu in super low conditions several years ago. Had to portage boats, pull over sand bars, etc. we had a great trip the as well. We just had to go nocturnal for the giant cat fishes.

I never fear those conditions. Rather fish low water than high.

Hope you get a great trip out of it

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Re-booked to January 2025. After two months tried to make contact. Dead silence. No response to emailed questions, phone calls, or voice mails. I assumed we were screwed. Finally found someone who said he would help. Immediately re-established contact. Everything seems to be in place. Partner got a new knee. It's like having a baby now, just a nine month wait.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re-booked to January 2025. After two months tried to make contact. Dead silence. No response to emailed questions, phone calls, or voice mails. I assumed we were screwed. Finally found someone who said he would help. Immediately re-established contact. Everything seems to be in place. Partner got a new knee. It's like having a baby now, just a nine month wait.

Good, hope the trip goes off as planned. I've become very cynical of Brazilian outfitters. They all seem to be a bit dodgy when it comes to the details.

They are not much different than the African PH's, in that they are selling a dream to dreamers, such as myself. Most often, reality hits and there are glaring gaps in what is sold, vs what is provided.

Please let me (us) know how it goes.

My Guyana trip in November was pretty good. There wasn't much promised and they delivered what was sold. The trip was 4200 IIRC? Noting was "outstanding" but that was never sold either. Everything was acceptable, from the food, accommodation.

My biggest complaint was that the conditions dictated that the giant catfishes were feeding nocturnal. The guides demanded extra money to fish at night. Now, in all honesty, we came to agreement that we would start fishing later in the day and fish into the night. But with only 7 nights total, we only came to agreement with one night left. I shouldn't have to pay extra to catch the fish that I came here to catch.

Point being, they are never proactive to these things. A client fisherman shouldn't have to figure out the local conditions for Indians that live on the river.

I'm still in search of a good and trustworthy Brazilian company. Let me know of your experience AND please ask about the giant cat-fishing there.

Piraiba, Redtail and Jau.

Thanks and good luck.

Formerly "Nganga"