Find
Notify
Tools

Louisiana Bald Eagle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted
This was the best pick of the four I saw. One flew down and grabbed a small fish, but I wasn't quick enough to get a video. I found these eagles in the swamps around Amelia.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
that is pretty damned cool.

Did you see the very cool moon on NYE? It was a blue moon and on New Years. Never again in our lifetimes.

For several minutes there was a rainbow ring completely surrounding the full moon. It was incredible. We took a pic, but the rainbow part didn't come out.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a bend in Bayou Black south of Amelia where last spring we counted 46 of them in about a mile of running.
The bastards WILL try to steal your ducks.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
How was the duck hunting for ya?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Griz
I'm on a lease down Bayou Penchant. Last year was pretty much a blow out. Gustav brought salt water into the pounds and killed all the grass.
Some teal was all we had.
This year is just as bad.
Some guys say there doing OK down at the Wax.
Hunted up in Mississippi in some flooded green timber this year for the first time. Had a blast.
Don't know what excuses the LDWF will have this year for us having no birds. Can't blame it on the weather this year.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
For the past 7 or 8 years the duck hunting has sucked so I don't hunt them anymore. If there was a way to get them out of Arkansas it would be a lot better. Good luck with your future hunts.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I hunt south of Franklin. Been there since 1973. This the worst duck season we have ever had.

At one time we had a pair? of bald eagles nesting near our lease. One of the hurricanes snapped the cypress tree they were in and we have not seen them in years.

Brad,

Any relatives in Franklin? My grandmother was a May.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike
No relatives down here. I'm a Bohunk from Queens, New York.
Moved down here in '79. Was supprised how many May's were down here.
This year is a bust down here. Last year we hunted at Cheyeene Bottoms up in Kansas. Best hunt in years. Dog didn't like busting through the ice though. Will try up there again next year.
First couple of years down here I was diving with Crip Stevens from Franklin. If you've ever spent any time in Red's, I'm sure you've heard of him. He passed away a couple of years ago.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Crip is a legend in several circles.

His brother (Joe) is my brother's father in law.

So you see we are almost related.