THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FALCON HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Falcon Hunting    Anybody lose their Falcon? Found one!

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody lose their Falcon? Found one!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
My cousin was out this morning feeding cattle in NW (Grassy Creek) NC and saw a bird of prey (he couldn't id the bird) with a trace on its leg. He said it had about a four foot strap hanging from it. He said that if it had been summer he would have just thought it was a snake but we have alot of snow right now.

Thought you guys might know who to contact if someone lost their pal.

If someone needs to reach me you can call my cell at 336-657-1244.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might check with your state fish and game Monday. Usually, falconers are pretty tightly regulated and have special licensing requirements etc. Of course, there's no way of knowing how far the bird has moved from release but Fish and Game might have a pretty good idea of falconers in that area.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Good idea Gatogordo, it was just about 1/2 mile from the Va NC state line. Could've come from either state. As far as that goes it is within sight of Tenn too.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like he got off his perch then, someone was probably weathering him and he broke off his tethers, very dangerous

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote