Login/Join

posted

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
My kind of lady!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh, I want to know much more ....

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Do a Google search on her. She was married to Daniel Pratt Mannix, an author of children's animal books, who apparantly lived a very adventurous life with him and wrote several articles for magazines of the time (Saturday Evening Post among others) as well as books on her own. And obviously she was quite the looker as well.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickudu:

What a great shot, the minute I get this reduced it's going on top of the forum.

Thanks Nick

Don

Posts: 26538 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldsarge:
Do a Google search on her. She was married to Daniel Pratt Mannix, an author of children's animal books, who apparantly lived a very adventurous life with him and wrote several articles for magazines of the time (Saturday Evening Post among others) as well as books on her own. And obviously she was quite the looker as well.

If you haven't done so, try and get a copy of "A Sporting Chance" by Daniel Mannix. She is mentioned frequently.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote