THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Any experience out there with Browning 1885 low walls?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience out there with Browning 1885 low walls?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering purchasing a Browning 1885 Low wall in 22 hornet. I have not seen or read many reviews on these. I saw one at a local gun shop and fell for it. I like the size and feel of this gun. I would like to know what others think of it as most of my shooting friends around hear have mostly bolt gun experience and thus have nothing to offer on this rifle. Thanks. Jay

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DEPUTY450:
I am considering purchasing a Browning 1885 Low wall in 22 hornet. I have not seen or read many reviews on these. I saw one at a local gun shop and fell for it. I like the size and feel of this gun. I would like to know what others think of it as most of my shooting friends around hear have mostly bolt gun experience and thus have nothing to offer on this rifle. Thanks. Jay

I had a low wall in 22 Hornet...have had 6 or 7 different Hornet rifles,mostly bolt,I loved the looks and feel of the LW but it didn't respond to the detailed loading of the Hornet as well as some but better than a few of the others....can't find any log sheets from the 78 but something else caught my eye and I traded the LW off and most of my Hornet brass and factory ammo ...BUT I kept the dies? good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Southpaw>
posted
I bought one a few years back . Its a beautiful rifle and a fine shooter. It will group 25 cent to nickle groups @ 100 yards . I can shoot the pants off my friends 77-22 Ruger Hornet . It would be one of the last to be parted with if need be.