THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Loads for the 105 grain A-Max in 243 Win.???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loads for the 105 grain A-Max in 243 Win.???
 Login/Join

<Made in Sweden>
posted
I have just ordered the 105 grain .243 A-Max bullet from Hornady and the only thing I need to start making life a living hell for crows around the farm is loadingdata for this bullet in 243.win. with a powder I can obtain in Sweden, preferably Norma or Vihtavouri. I guess the VV N560 or the Norma MRP is a good candidate but I�m not sure how much I�m supposed to cut back on my charges for the 100 grain bullets to better suit the 105 grain A-Max. Any help greatly appreciated !!
/Peter

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the European powders, but I have a lot of experience with 105 grain bullets in the 243 Win.
I shot an awful lot of the 105 Spitzers and round noses from my Browning. These two bullets especially the round nose are pure death on Virginia Whitetail deer.
For crows, groundhogs and other varmits I've found the Sierra 70 and 80 grain BTHP with 52 grains of IMR 4831 to serve any and all of my needs, at all reasonable ranges.
Good luck and have fun.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Patrick_D>
posted
M.I.S,

None of the American loading manuals I have seen contains data for the Viht 500-range powders. Hornady only show a load for N165 (very slow, I would have thought). Starting load is 38.6 grains - 2500FPS. Max load is 43.7 grains - 2800FPS.

Go vapourise some crows.

Patrick

one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter here your have some info on the 105 Amax http://www.jacksonrifles.com/vldvarmints.htm

Saludos

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote