Find
Notify
Tools

204 Ruger in Rem CDL and BDL
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking of purchasing a 204Ruger.

Am a fan of both Tikka T3, huge seller in Australia, but not so sure in US.

Anyway, love Rem 700 in CDL and more practically in BDL.

Any hints on the grapvine as when Rem will but this calibre in its more upmarket rifles?

Posts: 43 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: 13 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be surprised if you will ever see Remington offer the .204 in either BDL or CDL furniture!! The BDL line has been being streamlined in the past few years and the CDL line is extremely limited! I'd be willing to bet that you'll never see Remington offer that chambering in either model! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Anymore remington only chambers the 204 in their varmint rifles or the model 7 cdl.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They did a spec run of 700 CDL in .204 for Friends of the NRA. They show up from time to time on GunBroker.

Teh best deal on a Rem .204 I've seen lately is the SPS models for around $425.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
As a varmint caliber, the 204 is perfectly matched for the VLS, VS SF , etc. varmint rifles, which are offered now. Not sure that a sporter rifle is in the works other than the Mod 7, I am not sure how popular it would be here in the US. Model 7's are good rifle's though, only minor complaints are shorter length of pull/barrel.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The SPS I mentioned is a 24" sporter contour. The 700 SPS essentially replaces the Rem 700 ADL, but the SPS models have the addition of a floor plate.

one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
quote:
The SPS I mentioned is a 24" sporter contour. The 700 SPS essentially replaces the Rem 700 ADL, but the SPS models have the addition of a floor plate.

Exactly. I purchased one over a year ago and I'm very pleased with it.
You can always buy a used or take off CDL or BDL stock to update your SPS. BT

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktail53:
quote:

Exactly. I purchased one over a year ago and I'm very pleased with it.
You can always buy a used or take off CDL or BDL stock to update your SPS. BT

Thats what I did with my Stainless/sythetic model(BDL), couldnt stand the cheap crap stock they put on it, so went out and bought a H-S precision stock on sale at Midway for 200 bucks, an upgrade that makes the rifle really classy looking now. And damn does it shoot well. thumb

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote