Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 243 again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bob
Have you tried 95 gr hornady sst's? I found a sweet load for my Ruger with 42.0 grains RL 19 and win. primers. They have the new interbonds(same bullet bonded). Groups are very tight at @ 3/8 in at 100 yards! Velosity is @ 3000 f.p.s.. On game I,m 3 for 3 in one shot kills. Longest was just under 275.
338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the 100 grain Nosler Partitions as my deer load and the 70 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips as my varmint load. Both are very accurate in my Ruger M77 Tang Safety .243.

Posts: 257 | Location: Torrance, Ca | Registered: 02 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my experience you can't go wrong with the sierra 100gr Gameking SBT. I have used this bullet both in reloads and the federal premium ammo on several whitetails. From ranges of 60-280 yards. All one shot stops, and none of them went more than 20 yards. Usually they only went a few feet straight down. I have also heard a lot of very good things about the 85gr HPBT gameking bullets. I tried the barnes X bullets in my sisters 243 but could never get them to shoot well, I know the new triple shocks are supposed to fix picky rifles and even lower pressures. I'd say got for it, you have nothing to loose trying the barnes and they should have terrific terminal performance. If you can't get them to shoot I'd check out the sierra bullets.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote