New
Find
Notify
Tools

10/22 bull barrel
 Login/Join

Picture of F.C. Moose
posted
I recently bought a overmould stock and a discontinued bull barrel. Does anyone have any experience shooting one of these? I have shot my original 10/22 but i dont know if i am waisting my money on a bull barrel if it isnt accurate and there is no insurance towards it. Its unfluted stainless.920 barrel. Will the accuracy be better with it or not?

"The Right of the People to keep and bear arms"

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
FCM, That's a tuff question as the maker of the barrel isn't mentioned and there is alot which goes toward accuracy in the rimfire. I shoot a Lilja bull 10/22 and it's as accurate as any rifle I own, with the right Federal 900B loads. However, as a generalization: The additional weight should help the hold be more steady and if it's a quality barrel, then with the right ammo (found by trial and error) it will be a very accurate rifle. Good luck.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of F.C. Moose
posted Hide Post
It is a Hogue 10/22 discontinued barrel that hasn't been shot yet. Supposedly the other barrels that they are auctioning off have been shot and are guarenteed up to 1/2 in groups. I already won my auction i just wondered if it will more likly be accurate like the other barrels.

"The Right of the People to keep and bear arms"