THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    My Remington Mod. 30SX in 25 Rem.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Remington Mod. 30SX in 25 Rem.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here is a picture of my Remington Mod. 30SX made aproximately 1939/40 Cock on opening. and it is in the original caliber of .25 Rem. The rifle came with a Lyman 12 x Target Spot.
The Factory ammo has not been made since 1950 or so. the first reloaded group went .397 in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Elmer1007/remington1.jpg

one of us
posted Hide Post
Neat rifle! What load are you trying?

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
went back to my notes. The group size was .364 c-c the load was 29.5 gr IMR 3031 75 gr. Sierra
HP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elmer,

Hang onto that old Jewel!

I am envious of the rifle period. Then to have it be an that accurate, that is icing on the cake.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire
thumb

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
The Remington Model 30 family, was great. To bad they are no longer made. I have a 30S, and love it. thumb

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the chance to pick up a Model 30 in .25
Remington that had been rechambered to .250
Savage and passed it up. Hind sight is 20/20

Posts: 99 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrrrggghhhhh. I have lusted after a Model 30 in .25 Remington for over 30 years, ever since I saw one in an estate sale in MA, and I was a RI resident and could not purchase it due to the stupid gunlaws of the day. Hang on to that beauty!!!!

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington Model 14 in .25 Remington. It won't do quite what your Model 30 will in terms of accuracy, but the old gal will place all of its shots underneath the dot of its vintage 2.5X Lyman Alaskan.

Watch out, somebody's liable to re-introduce the old cartridge!

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stoney:

Another sweet vintage rifle with a sweet vintage scope!

cheers
seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If a nice 14 or 141 showed up it would not have to beg for place on the rack Elmer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this one belonged to my wife's grandfather. His name was Petmecky and he had the premier guns and sporting goods store from the Thirties through the Fifties in Austin, Texas. He gave the Model 14 to her father, who gave it to me, and now my son has it.

When my wife's father turned it over to me, the only cartridges for it were some odds and ends that were no telling how old. I promptly ordered 100 .30 Remington brass and the proper dies and put together enough loads to last my grandson until he's ready for something else.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Elmer, that's a tight group, especially considering the trigger on those guns.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BigRx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Watch out, somebody's liable to re-introduce the old cartridge!

GOOD !!!!!!!

Posts: 208 | Location: Idaho Rockies | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the kind words on this rifle. I usually shoot military match rifles such as Fulton Enfield NO. 4s, DCRA in .308 and Swiss K 31 all with match grade sights. the Scope on this one kind of makes the Trigger unnoticable. Elmer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you ever decide to part with that Rem 25 cal then I would appreciate a call....

I have owned 25 Remingtons in the m-14 and in the heavy as hell Rem. auto..A dozen or so Win. M-94s and Marlins in 25-35 and 25-36 respectively...

I shot a number of elk with the Win 25-35 early on as did my dad and his father before him, then I learned it was not a elk rifle and I moved on to bigger and better calibers that killed elk much better, or did they? bewildered

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41902 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote