THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Best over-the-counter 7mm-08 ammo?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best over-the-counter 7mm-08 ammo?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Now that I've decided on a rifle, what is the best over-the-counter 7mm-08 ammo for whitetail sized game?

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
I got superb accuracy out of my M700 Mountain Rifle with Federal Premiums, W/140gr Balistic Tips.

It shot 1/2" 3 shot groups @ 100yds with this load.

I've killed every Whitetail I've ever shot at with this combo and I've never had to shot one more than once.

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any good soft point will kill a white tail deer. pick one that is most accurate in your rifle . Try at least 3 brands. I have shot some of the cheapest ammo on the market an get .50 in. groups at 100 yards.

Posts: 1134 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Federal Premiums, W/140gr Balistic Tips.

While I've never fired a factory round through my 7mm-08, I'm not surprised to see this recommendation.

When I do need to use factory stuff in something, I *always* look to the Federal Premium stuff first. Excellent stuff in anything I've tried it in so far.