Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka rifle question
 Login/Join

<JoeM>
posted
Hello,
Just got my first 17 cal rifle and want a set trigger for it. It is a Tikka 595. The instruction book says it can be made this way but Beretta does not import the set trigger variation. Can anybody point me toward a source of parts to convert it over to set-trigger?

Thank you so much.

------------------
Safety & Ethics,Accuracy, Velocity, Energy
Joe M

<Vasa>
posted
JoeM;
If my memory serves me correctly, the Tikka 595 was produced with a set trigger for some of the countries in central Europe. The Tikka rifles are now made by Sako.Try to E-mail www.sako.fi/feedback.html/
Good luck!

Vasa

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Tikkas, none of which has a set trigger and I'm curious as to why you should want one when the standard trigger is adjustable, works well and is crisp.

As for Beretta's not overly helpful response, I'd add that here in the UK, since the import and distribution of Tikka rifles was taken back by the main Beretta importer, service and support has become diabolical and I hear of prospective purchasers of new Tikkas turning away in disgust.

Another case, IMHO, of corporate meddling for the sake of it.

------------------
tikka 3 barrels

Posts: 360 | Location: Sunny, but increasingly oppressed by urbanites England | Registered: 13 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JoeM :

When I asked the Canadian importer for a single set trigger to fit to my SAKO S491 I was told that : because of North Americans unfamiliarity with Set Triggers, and our propensity to seek legal redress for every perceived wrong, SAKO was not providing Set Triggers for distribution in North America.

I believe that the S491 Trigger assembly and the TIKA's are the same. SAKO bought TIKKA before BERETTA bought SAKO.

I strongly doubt that you will be able to find a Single Set trigger for your TIKKA.

rollinghills

Posts: 107 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JoeM>
posted
Hello All
The trigger on the Tikka is fine works well, and is crisp. Agreed. But I am building this rifle to suit me. And I just flat like set triggers.

So please keep any new contact information coming. This board has members globally, surely one of them knows where I can find a set trigger for sale.

------------------
Safety & Ethics,Accuracy, Velocity, Energy
Joe M