THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Weirauch 22 Hornet. Ever had one of these?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weirauch 22 Hornet. Ever had one of these?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody ever heard of/owned one of these...
 -

...I have my eye on one, if I get some good feedback, I could add it to my list of things to buy.

[ 09-30-2003, 01:12: Message edited by: millsie67 ]

Posts: 53 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 12 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No pic - but I presume you are referring to the Weihrauch HW66 or suchlike if I remember the no. correctly. - a match-style bolt-action. These do seem to shoot quite well, and are not so expensive as an Anschutz. Still, my rifles are supposed to have block actions, so....

<Patrick_D>
posted
Not in hornet - but I do have one in .22LR. It's nicely made and finished, but really quite heavy for what it is. Also trigger is 2-stage - not to everyone's taste. If you want a hornet because it's light & handy, I would be more inclined to look at a Brno.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They have a fine reputation in Europe and are noted for their target type arms, especially airguns. The quality of those I have seen has always be first rate, maybe not an Anshutz, but someone has to keep them on their toes. Only major problem, lack of a steady importer.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote