New
Find
Notify
Tools

.223 WSSM AMMO HITS SHELF
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
MY PART TIME BOSS CALLED ME TO LET ME KNOW THEY HAD GOT SIME 223 WSSM AMMO IN MAYBE IT WIL NOT BE SO LONG BE FOR THE RIFLES SHOW UP

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just took delivery on my Winchester M70 Coyote in .223 WSSM last Wed. the 7th. that I ordered last November. Mounted a new Burris 6-24x on top and made sure the stock is free floating. Going to the range this weekend, if it's not raining cats and dogs, to have some fun. All things come to those who wait. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawdawg, Please give us comparisons to 22-250.

Thanks.....

Posts: 297 | Location: Stevensville MT. | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
And here I am having a .225 Winchester built! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC, had a Martini in .225 years ago, and loved it. One thing's for sure when you tell your buddy's what you're shooting they'll probably respond with a most emphatic, "Huh"?

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I just got some brass, and the internal capacity is about 54 grains of water. Necks are .019", for a loaded dimension of .265 -- that's some THICK brass!

Now, if my Redding bushing dies would just get here, I could go shooting! LOL, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went to the range Sunday, yeah I know it was Mother's Day so I took the wife along too, just to break in the barrel. Didn't have to worry about needing help in doing this as the range loafers were there to help in abundance. It's funny how much free coffee, soda's and snacks show up when you bring a new rifle to the range. The load I used was one I modified from a .220 Swift I used to have. Hornady 50 gr. V-Max ahead of 42.5 gr. of IMR-4064, this gave me an average of 4033 fps. and groups from 0.91" - 1.43". Nothing to brag about but a starting point. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAS 323
posted Hide Post
Lawdog, The new Hornady manual has loads listed for the 223WSSM. I believe their 40gr V-max is listed at 4600fps [Eek!] . It also said it's tough on barrels (surprise), after 350 shots they could see throat erosion with a bore scope. If you want some loads let me know

[ 05-15-2003, 23:56: Message edited by: RAS 323 ]

Posts: 113 | Location: NE PA | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RAS 323,

You have a message. Lawdog

posted Hide Post
RAS 323 Please email me with load data for the 223WSSM - Thanks, Jeff
jeff@carlin.reno.nv.us

one of us
Picture of RAS 323
posted Hide Post
Cash, You got it!

Posts: 113 | Location: NE PA | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote