New
Find
Notify
Tools

.17 HMR ammo availability?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone seen any of this stuff yet? One local shop in Houston said they don't expect their 15,000rd order to be filled for months.

Mike Johnston

Posts: 43 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed it was for sale at cabelas.com. I have seen it both in stock and out of stock when visiting the site.

------------------
"The Constitution of the United States shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
<JDD>
posted
Ammo is being shipped in small counts, each dealer has been sent 200 boxes, now 160 boxes, then there should be another shippment the first of april, then they are said to be on a weekly ship date, CCI is holding up Hornady on there ammo

there is some out there
Midsouth has the best price on it, and they are taking back orders
It cost me 8.01$ per box shipped when I got my brick

PS it is a great round and has taken two groundhogs so far, mine is a 20" Custom Bullberry contender barrel

JD

one of us
posted Hide Post
If any Houston area shooters are interested, the I-10 Carter's had both the Marlin and Ruger, plus ammo as of 4:00pm March 28.

Mike

Posts: 43 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
earlier today, Carter's country in Pasadena Texas had both marlin and Ruger rifles in 17HRM in stock. Only 2 boxes of ammo as I purchased the other two. The blue steel Marlin was approx $189. Stainless at approx $289. However the Ruger looks to be a much higher quality rifle.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
<duck223>
posted
From what the American Rifleman says,the marlin is a more accurate gun,until Ruger comes out with one in the varmint barrel.I'll wait as I'm a Ruger fanatic.